A.A.P. Announces WLS is Safe for Teens and Children

Riva_G.
on 11/10/19 7:29 pm
DS on 07/18/19

Thank You!

stacy T.
on 11/10/19 10:40 am - San Francisco, CA

I has my DS in 2000. (BMI 42)In 2010 my sister has a Sleeve. (BMI 56) In 2012 my 72 yo mother had the Sleeve (BMI 36) and in 2015 my 22 yo daughter had the Sleeve. (BMI 31)

All of us successfully lost weight. I have maintained it for almost 2 decades. I try to stay around 110/115. My sister came within 20 lbs of her goal and then ate thru it and gained much of it back. At 5'4" she lost down to around 160, but has ballooned back up to over 250. My mom has worked hard and maintains a weight somewhat higher than ideal, but much healthier than pre surgery. At 5' she is around 135lbs. My daughter has maintained her weight with minor fluctuations, and continues to work at it. At 5' she is around 115.

Sometimes, as in my daughter's case, the writing is on the wall. Early intervention can avoid all sorts of issues, including the excess skin issues, the self esteem struggles.

Batwingsman
on 11/10/19 3:42 pm - Garland, TX

Dang, didn't even know the DS was yet available back in 2000 .. Who was your surgeon - Dr. Rabkin (sr.)?

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

stacy T.
on 11/10/19 4:28 pm - San Francisco, CA

Dr Robert Rabkin was the man. Brilliant man. He and his brother John are stellar surgeons. RR is retired but John is practicing in San Francisco. Still send my annual labs and consult with him.

Iceeta
on 3/27/21 3:40 am, edited 3/28/21 4:02 pm

I met a friend at Ohio University in my first semester there, and she had had the bariatric sleeve when she was in high school. It worked amazingly well for her. I had been trying to lose weight for about two years by that point, and got the surgery when I was 20. After the surgery, I went back to the restaurant where I was working and started working there again. It was so much easier to maneuver around. I didn't feel I was taking so much space. It felt easier to walk around and provide good service. Not long ago my son had the same surgery, after he recovered and started going to school again, he told me that he feels more confident in himself. Honestly at first we weren't sure if WLS is also allowed for children, but here cameronmch.com we found not only confirmations, but also contacts of doctors who are available to perform the surgery.

Most Active