Holiday foods & substitutes...What cha got?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/14/19 7:31 am, edited 11/14/19 7:34 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Well for me, I missed eggnog, so I was kinda glad to see Califa came up with their brand of eggnog along with a couple of other things they have for the holiday season that won't throw me off track. I threw in the stranger things coffee cup cuz hey I'm still into horror stuff more than I'm into Christmas stuff.

edited to add: Don't be thrown by the water bottle, it has crystal light flavoring in it, since I hardly drink plain water.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

White Dove
on 11/14/19 8:16 am - Warren, OH

I make sugarfree, keto-friendly, cookies that people go crazy for. I put these out for Christmas parties.

1 cup Carbquick Baking Mix

4 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter or any oil)

1 egg

1 package sugarfree pudding mix.

Mix together, drop on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for eight minutes. I make vanilla, chocolate, pistachio, butterscotch, and lemon. You can also add nuts, chips, raisins, dried cranberries, etc, but they may no longer be sugarfree

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/14/19 8:54 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm planning to try this eggnog recipe using vanilla protein shake, I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

https://www.premierprotein.com/premier-recipes/high-protein- eggnog/

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Member Services
on 11/14/19 9:16 am - Irvine, CA

While this isn't a holiday drink, I have been enjoying the Caramel Cold Brew with sea salt foam for a few weeks. Caramel Cold Brew I NEVER drank these types of drinks before because of calories, but I can enjoy one and I keep it at about 100 calories. I figure this will be my go-to drink this Christmas. I have never been an egg nog person, but I have wanted to try it but refrained from doing so due to the sugar. I will definitely have to give this one a try. Thank you for sharing!

Mary Gee
on 11/15/19 7:32 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I was making them during the Summer. Being lazy, I used lite Cool Whip and sprinkled the salt on top. So good!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Member Services
on 11/15/19 8:03 am - Irvine, CA

Mary, oh my yes so very good. I use the heavy whipping cream, but don't whip it up so it is easier to measure and control my calories that way.

Miss Liss
on 11/15/19 3:10 pm

Does the egg nog taste pretty good? I haven't had any in years because I can't do dairy and sugar. This one is dairy free and the sugar content isn't bad at all. I'd like to try it. I miss a little egg nog during the holidays.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/18/19 6:38 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I think it's pretty tasty & it's not heavy like regular eggnog.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Melody P.
on 11/21/19 5:01 pm - Amarillo, TX

I decided to try some new recipes lately for Thanksgiving.

first up was the cranberry sauce. The canned stuff is a huge no no so I decided to try making my own with stevia(which I know not everyone likes or can do). I used a whole bag of fresh cranberries, orange zest & juice of that orange. A pinch of salt and a tad bit of water. Sweetener to my liking and it was delicious! Tart like I love it. I've froze some to use through the coming few months.

second was stuffing. I used cauliflower in place of bread. Lots of mushrooms, an onion, 1/2 cup carrots, fresh garlic and seasonings. I didn't have celery but it would of been good in it. It was definitely a winner. Not pretty to the eye but very tasty.

If anyone wants the recipes I'd be glad to share!

Most Active