Half ways towards my goal!

Riva_G.
on 12/1/19 9:36 am
DS on 07/18/19

Hi everyone.

So its been a crazy 4 1/2 months of nutty ups and downs, and I finally did it! I'm half ways towards my goal! (to have a normal bmi) I know the first half is easier to lose than the second, but I never dreamed I'd be holding here in under 5 months.

Anyone want to share unexpected non-scale victories?

I'll start:

I can cross my legs! I never thought it was a weight issue, I just thought my muscles weren't strong enough, but apparently, it was all about the weight.

My body wash lasts me longer ð??...

I can share clothes with my sister

I'm not the biggest girl in my school

My senior top in (Hs) was too big on me!

For the first time in my life wide calf boots are too big on me!

thank you everyone here for the amazing support

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/19 10:42 am

TheWombat
on 12/1/19 2:24 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Congratulations! You've lost more weight than expected at this point. I did too, and my surgeon told me that was a good indication that I would lose all of my excess weight.

One of my unexpected NSVs: Before WLS, when sitting in a chair and talking to people, resting my hands on my thighs felt really awkward. I think it's because it took at least a little effort to keep them from sliding off! Now, however, they just stay put and I can forget about them.

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/19 9:37 pm

Congratulations so far. Keep with the program and don't worry about speed. It will happen over a long period of time.

Some NSV's

• Crossing my legs (I never thought about it before but I enjoy it now).
  • I can do pushups 5 years out from wls. No chance before.
  • Designer clothes are only stylish if I decide they are since they all fit now.
  • I can eat like a hog and no one can say anything about the "Fat Guy" at the table.
  • I've learned to talk about healthy lifestyle, but never weight.

Good luck with the rest of your journey, and remember not to try and ru****

Riva_G.
on 12/3/19 6:00 pm
DS on 07/18/19

At first i was freaking out about how long/fast i was losing. as soon as i let go i started losing more steadily. i guess it was just the stress.

And Ya, being able to eat is a major plus for me with the ds.

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/19 11:07 am

Congratulations. I love the NSVs. I also cross my legs. I didn't get why people did it but it's so comfy and it's a convenient prop for my iPad.

When I posted my halfway to goal post, my favorite one was that I can see my privates. It's something people take for granted but I hadn't done it since I was a girl.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1213 views