"Try Not to Stare" - The Transformation of Sidibe (from "Precious")

Batwingsman
on 1/7/20 2:00 pm, edited 1/7/20 2:30 pm - Garland, TX

Ran across this interesting article today .. What a story .. Oscar-Nominated Actress Gabourey Sidibe has been on (and off) diets since the age of SIX ... She also suffered from Bulimia .. She made the decision a couple of years or so ago, after learning she had Type II Diabetes, to have V.S.G., as well as to write her memoirs about her weight issue experience, "This is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare" . I get a kick out of her talking about how she doesn't exactly care for people complimenting her on her WLS decision - 'they should compliment me then every time I pee, or burp" ..

https://maternityweek.com/pop-culture/celebrities/actress-pr ecious-inspiring-evolution/?l=a&utm_source=AOL.com&utm_mediu m=Referral&utm_campaign=Direct

The story doesn't mention what Sidibe's starting or ending weights were, or how much weight she lost, btw, but she still looks a lot better than before ..

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

SuMari
on 1/7/20 3:41 pm

An interesting article once you got past all the ads and "Click for next page".

I find it funny that people will be judgemental about health decisions that another person may make. She is wonderful for sharing a bit of her story. I really enjoy reading the Before and Journey articles anyone is willing to share. Unbelievable that she started at the age of 6. I look forward to seeing more of her work!

Olivia831
on 1/8/20 7:58 am
RNY on 01/21/19

Thanks for sharing this article! It was very interesting. I can relate to many of her weight struggles for sure. I love her acting!

Most Active