Premier Oat Shakes

notdamomma
on 1/13/20 11:37 am

Saw that Premier has come out with a ready to drink oat shakehttps://shop.premierprotein.com/Premier-Protein-20g-Protein- and-Oats-Shake-Blueberries-and-Cream/p/PREM-717508&c=Premier Protein@ShakesOats. They are 7g fiber and 5 net carbs. I am thinking about pre-ordering so I can do as a meal replacement in the morning ONLY since my schedule is hectic that early and sometimes breakfast is on the go. Has anyone else seen these and have any thoughts?

SuMari
on 1/13/20 3:29 pm

I saw these too! Still a preop, so I am not sure I should even try these until later on in my journey. They look really good though! Especially the Blueberry one!

White Dove
on 1/14/20 2:44 am - Warren, OH

Protein shakes get the calories and nutrition n when we are not able to do it with regular food. For a pre-op they could cause weight gain.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

notdamomma
on 1/14/20 6:54 am

Thanks for the feedback I am post op and while I am fighting to lose regain I was thinking it might be an option for a meal replacement in the mornings. My surgeon actually recommends premier to his patients preop and immediately post op but does push for protein from food and not shakes after 6 months. I don't normally do shakes since I am so far out but I figured this is an option since breakfast is not always easy on the go.

SuMari
on 1/14/20 10:25 am

Then it's probably good that I stay away!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/14/20 4:51 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I wouldn't, especially for a preop diet. They are too high in carbs. The corn "fiber" they use does not act like natural fiber at all -- it's there as an artificial sweetener.

The Premier shakes are popular, as they are the most commonly available pre made shakes. But the nutritional quality is not great. The best quality protein is 100 % whey protein isolate. The Premier uses a variety of lower quality proteins, and a lot of chemicals to boot.

For those trying to shrink your liver, you need to be as close to zero carb as you can. These won't do it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Olivia831
on 1/14/20 5:59 am
RNY on 01/21/19

I had not heard about the oat shakes. Can't wait to try them!

catwoman7
on 1/14/20 6:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I personally wouldn't drink anything like that until I hit maintenance (as others have said, too many carbs), but I wonder if you could get the same effect by mixing protein powder with oat milk. Grim is right in that Premier doesn't use high-quality protein - but there are other companies who DO (e.g. Syntrax and Unjury). Might be an idea for people who can't stomach solid food for breakfast and typically drink a protein shake then ANYWAY (and again, someone not in weight loss mode).

Tidgel
on 1/14/20 6:17 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Oh! I am going to try the blueberries and cream oat shake. As for the other two flavors, Apple Cinnamon and Maple...I don't like cinnamon or maple (like most people do!) so I will skip those.

Dee_Caprini
on 1/14/20 10:53 am

*Currently Searching for Maple!

I currently have about one cup of oatmeal a week along with Swerve or Truvia Brown Sugar with a tablespoon or two of Fairlife Milk and a squirt of Sugar Free Maple Syrup... these ready to drink cartons would make it easy on the go!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1345 views