Losing the Regain - It's Underway!

lynnc99
on 2/4/20 4:22 am

At various times and places, I've commented on my problem with regain 10 years post RNY.

Did I get careless? Yes. I was overconfident, I was caring for my mom at the end of her life, my marriage slogged through some "stuff", etc. etc. I took care of everyone and everything but me. I quit exercising. Yada yada yada.

The result? 30 lbs. of regain over the past 2 years.

Today I'm happy to report that I have lost 6 of those pounds of regain. This is 20% of the total and to me it's something to celebrate! I am working with a nutritionist and following her plan. It's very much in line with our bariatric eating - lots of water, protein, veggies, a little fruit, a little dairy, a little starch. I do a weekly weigh in and FaceTime consult with her for accountability (a must!)

I know regain is a common topic around here - let's hang in there! It CAN be done!

catwoman7
on 2/4/20 5:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

several of us longer-timers seem to be in that boat right now - so you're definitely not alone! Congrats on your recent loss!!!

Tidgel
on 2/4/20 6:33 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Congratulations on turning things around! Very inspirational!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/4/20 7:12 am - Burleson, TX

CONGRATS, on RE-taking charge, of your health!!!! I dare say MANY of can relate, to what you have/are experiencing, but I will only speak for MYSELF...

My personal journey has been a roller coaster. My weight graph looks like an out of control EKG print out...but that's OKAY...I have lost/gained/relost/regained/relost/regained/etc/etc/etc...and learned so much, along the way...and made so many lifelong friends...

I want to challenge you to continue staying plugged in HERE, on OH...I promise you - It will serve you well !!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

lynnc99
on 2/4/20 7:54 am

Gina I was very active on OH during my first couple of years and love the community here. I benefitted from so many wonderful people!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/5/20 6:21 pm - Burleson, TX

No doubt we have crossed paths, at some point. I have been here since we scratched our messages on cave walls :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/20 7:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

You crack me up!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

notdamomma
on 2/6/20 8:17 am

I too am dealing with the regain. I, unfortunately, did not use obesity help to its full benefit the first time around so I am back and staying. I've got 18 lbs off a lot more to go but I am loving the help everyone offers so I completely agree with you. Best of luck on your battle :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/4/20 7:38 am

Congratulations !!!.

For me once I was ready to take charge, and really get dedicated to lose the regain was a good starting point.

Once I changed my diet, and removed some foods and drinks that were contributing to weight gain, the rest "just happened". Getting detoxed from sugars and starches would change my appetite and my cravings. Suddenly 4-5 oz of dense proteins were almost too much for me.

Good luck getting to the goal. Don't stop short... dont short yourself on your progress..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

southbay311
on 2/4/20 9:47 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12

I know exactly how you feel, I had my RNY on 2/22/12 with a starting weight of 326 at my consultation. It is coming up on my 8th year anniversary. At my lowest weight I was 131, and now weigh in at 151. That's 20 pounds and I feel awful about myself and need to refocus and commit. I know what needs to be done just like we all do. I need to find my inner commitment and get back to the basics that I maintained for 6 years. This is a lifestyle and no magic bullet. Time to get serious

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1207 views