Let's celebrate some NSVs!

TheWombat
on 2/6/20 4:05 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Have you had any NSVs recently? Sometimes I don't post about mine because they seem trivial or I don't want to brag. But I enjoy hearing about other people's NSVs, and it's fun to share them. So here are mine:

• A while back I went to the store to buy a nightgown. I found one that would fit, and started to buy it even though it was ugly. Then I remembered that I could walk into any store and find lots of things that would fit me, so I should only buy things that I actually like!
  • Went to the doctor this week and she said, "Your BMI is normal now, so when are you going to stop losing weight?". I explained that people usually regain a little (she's my PCP, not part of my bariatric team), so I wanted to lose just a bit more to have a buffer.
  • At work today, I noticed that I was sitting lotus-fashion in my office chair (I removed the arms from it long ago). I couldn't have comfortably done that when my thighs were bigger.
SuMari
on 2/7/20 10:10 am

Those are awesome! I have successfully tracked my food for over 2 weeks... something I have never done! Doing this so my Dr. can see I am really trying to adhere to some sort of structure. I have had a few hiccup days, but I logged everything regardless.

TheWombat
on 2/7/20 11:57 am
VSG on 06/11/18

It's tempting not to bother logging the "bad" days, but I find it very worthwhile to do so. One of the things I've learned from it is that once every 7-10 days I have a day where I want to eat a lot more food than usual, but the next day I'll naturally eat a lot less. It's all part of my natural rhythm. So now I don't panic or give up when I have a "bad" day. I know that my average calories over time will be fine, and that's what counts.

SuMari
on 2/12/20 10:29 am

I will have to keep a lookout for any trends! Interesting that you were able to come to that conclusion and know your body rhythms.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/7/20 10:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I just had to buy a new pair of jeans as my old ones were falling off my butt. Size 6!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Dee_Caprini
on 2/7/20 10:24 am

I was able to play at the park with my two little ones! Going up and down the play mazes and down the kid slides!

I logged my food this week, trying to be a bit more disciplined with my intake

I got 6-7 hours of sleep most nights this week. But had the weirdest dreams...lol I usually don't dream, so I must have slept alright?

Yay NSV's!

The Salty Hag
on 2/8/20 7:12 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I'm almost 7 years out from my RNY, so NSVs as we typically define them don't come very often anymore. That being said, I think of my whole life being one huge NSV. My entire life is easier thanks to my surgery.

My only recent "Wowwww!" was this past Tuesday night was still pretty "Wow!"-to me anyway.
I had a 25% off coupon for Kohl's. I decided I needed another Instant Pot. We got there and I saw a 10 qt Duo Nova model. 10 quarts! Whaaa? I decided on that model because it would allow me to cook large meals that could be used for leftovers and/or lunches. This thing is HUGE. I didn't realize HOW big until my husband and I got it out to his car. He drives a little two seater. It's got a hatchback and a front storage area because it's a mid-engine car. The box wouldn't fit either place. It was either ride home with it on my lap, or go back for it the next day. No way would it have fit on my lap if I was still 290 lbs. I'm not sure I'd have fit in the car at 290. ( he bought it after my surgery )

Pic of me in the car with this huge ass box...not a lot of room, huh?

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Partlypollyanna
on 2/9/20 12:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That box is actually bigger than you!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/20 11:45 am

When I was a little fat kid in 7th grade, I had to do various exercises for gym class, and then during the presidents fitness challenge week I had to record the results. I couldn't do pushups at all but I lied and recorded 44 because I was embarrassed to put 0. The gym teacher called me out, and I had to do them in front of the class and then record the true results. You know where that went.

Anyhow, now 5 years out from wls, I just finally did 30 this morning. I'm adding slowly, and when I get to 44 I will cross it off my bucket list, and maybe notify my former gym teacher to update the results back to what I originally listed. :)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/9/20 12:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

We were just talking about how awful the President's Fitness Challenge was...but that makes it even worse! Good luck on crossing over the 44 benchmark and you totally should send a note back to that awful teacher.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1436 views