Vitamin D3 drops

sunshinespring
on 2/7/20 8:57 am - Bay Area, CA

I recently purchased D3 drops they are mixed with sunflower seed oil, I was wondering if it will not benefit me to take the oil drops? I believe I was told the dry form of D3 was best

does anyone take vitamin D drops successfully?
thank you-

Dee_Caprini
on 2/7/20 10:20 am, edited 2/7/20 2:36 am

I guess it would depend on who informed you of that. Was it your surgeon that regularly sees/works with Bariatric patients, or was it your PCP. I only ask because the opinions of different MD's can differ based on the field they work in (Just my opinion). I guess, if you try this method of intake, have your blood drawn & closely monitored to see how YOUR BODY absorbs since everyone is different.

sunshinespring
on 2/7/20 10:25 am - Bay Area, CA

I think it was here where I read that dry from was best for gastric bypass patients,

Forget asking my doctor she insist on giving me D2 and that's has done nothing When we actually need D3,

I'm on 20 the highest I been able to get to is 27 and then it drops, I figure I asked if there's a better way,

thanks

The Salty Hag
on 2/7/20 10:53 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Dry D3 is what we need. Don't waste money on stuff that won't work for you.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

sunshinespring
on 2/7/20 12:41 pm - Bay Area, CA

Thank you, I wanted reassurance because this drops have me feeling extremely weird since I started, will go back to dry

catwoman7
on 2/7/20 2:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I know it's an issue for DS patients (they need the dry form). Not sure about RNY. That said, I've always taken dry tablets.

sweetpotato1959
on 2/7/20 7:20 pm

I have used D3 drops, easiest to add to my scrambled egg. I tolerate very little fat,and use it for oils in my egg as cooked.. Dry forms are usually given to people that are fat sensitive. D3 has many uses in the body...very good immune booster, natures anti-depressant. The drops can also be applied to clean, dry skin....

Grim_Traveller
on 2/8/20 12:46 am
RNY on 08/21/12

We do not absorb vitamins in oil well after surgery. Any vitamins should be in dry form. They are easily available and inexpensive. There is no reason to take something that is much less effective.

Some things can be a lifetime struggle to get into a good range. Iron is a tough one, no m atter how much you supplement. But D3 is an easy vitamin to adjust. It is available in dosages from 2,000 to 50,000.

We can take crap vitamins and dado ok for a while, even several years. But sooner or later vitamin issues will catch up to us.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

rocky513
on 2/8/20 4:19 am - WI

You have been posting about low vitamin D for a while now. You never mention what dosage you are taking. Like Grim mentioned...you can get D3 in very high doses. I had to take 50,000 mg, three times a week, for several months to elevate my D levels. I was tested every three months and adjusted my vitamins accordingly. If you are taking the recommended dose on the bottle, you will never get your levels up.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

sunshinespring
on 2/8/20 7:26 am - Bay Area, CA

Yes I have been trying for years to get my levels up without luck, For some reason Vitamin D has been the most difficult to raise and to adjust to, since I found out I was really low years ago I started taking 2000 units but it was what the doctor gave me D2 after some reading I decided to get the Dry vit D3 and took 50,000 units for a few weeks and it was making me feel awful my bones hurt I felt flush all the time with anxiety & shaky, so then I dropped to 5000 in dry form but my levels only went to 27 then they drop to 20, when I run out of the dry form I bought the drops to try which provide 5000 units per dropper and the additional 1000 in my multi vitamins, not only do I struggle with Vit D but iron, b1. b12, these have been easier and for the Iron I have infusions, I have ordered the dry form last night but i still can't figure out why I feel so out of it wit it.

Most Active