Losing The Regain - At a standstill

catwoman7
on 2/15/20 7:01 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

another plug for WW! I really need to join. SO MANY vets on here are doing it now to deal with slight (and not-so-slight) regains. I'd also like to lose 8-10 lbs. I think I just need the structure and the accountability, like you do...

VSGAnn2014
on 2/16/20 4:36 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I bet most of us have done WW before WLS. But the WW scene these days is a bit different--it offers varied approaches, and members are asked to evaluate those approaches based on how they currently eat and/or would like to eat. There's a big emphasis on eating nutritious food and some latitude re what "nutritious" means, although they're enthusiastic about veggies and fruits.

Yes, they still sell WW-branded highly processed products like crackers, cookies, sweets, etc. at meetings. Personally, I think those products are gross and encourage grazing, and I haven't bought a single box and don't plan to do so. If I want a "treat" I'd rather cook a healthy version of it or buy "the real deal" that I actually want and then eat a very small portion of that.

However, I'm not a big food Nazi about much except weighing daily and tracking daily. :) I don't really care how anyone else does maintenance. I'm just happy if their maintenance program works for them. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

catwoman7
on 2/16/20 4:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh yes - I've been though WW pre-WLS AT LEAST four times - but this new program sounds intriguing. It's been probably 15 years since I was last there, so things sound a bit different.

and yes - I remember those snacks. I also remember side conversations (among groups of friends - NOT a leader) talking about how donuts have x number of points, but if they cut back on A, B, and C, they'd have enough points to eat donuts). Sigh. But like you said, if they were somehow able to operate that way, then who am I to say...

catwoman7
on 2/16/20 5:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. I'm also not a food Nazi about much except tracking. I've never had an issue with fruits & vegetables - in fact, I like eating that way. I used to get about nine servings of them a day pre-WLS, and I still probably eat more of them than most WLS folks. I'm not particularly carb sensitive, though, which helps.

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/16/20 3:42 pm - Windsor, Canada

Think big picture. Not small week to week. We have so many fluctuations that could drive us insane.

progress not perfection had been my mantra. As long as I see progress over time, I am happy.

was 27 lbs up. Now have 6 more to lose to get back at goal. Im pretty happy with WW as well. It's been sllllow but steady and I am not gaining so that makes me happy

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

VSGAnn2014
on 2/16/20 4:30 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Congrats on your having made such good progress losing regain. That's pretty impressive. :)

Could not agree more about focusing on the big picture.

The point isn't even "goal," because what I do afterward to maintain won't be that much different. I'm already doing mostly what I want to keep doing.

Or as we've all said for some time now, this ain't a diet--it's a lifestyle.

:)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

beelzebubbles
on 2/18/20 5:19 am - Lansdowne, PA

I am at a standstill according to my scale and I lost 6 lbs according to the Jenny Craig scale.

I need to get my head back in the game. When I was on Noom (they have you weigh daily) I could see that my weight was trending down. But I went to my doctor and he shamed me for gaining weight according to his scale.

I need to keep track daily and get that satisfaction of seeing a downward trend despite the ups and downs.

I wonder if my fitnespal does that?

Tidgel
on 2/19/20 6:15 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Losing the regain can be quite the struggle but it sounds like you are on the right track!

Most Active