Come on now... do you really order from the "Kids Menu"?

Dee_Caprini
on 2/17/20 10:02 am

Right? I have noticed that as well!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/16/20 3:52 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I almost always order an appetizer for my meal. I do not order from the children's menu (never did).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

momyshaver
on 2/17/20 3:45 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I don't eat out often but when I do I will either order something I know reheats well and I ask for take home boxes with my meal, order an appetizer if they have something I can eat, or just have a coffee. I have never been tempted to order from the kids menu and honestly wouldn't think my surgery entitled me too. I think of it like the Sr. menu and I am not there yet so it is not for me. Not a big deal. I don't understand why someone would not just ask for take home boxes or leave what they don't want on their plate. Many restaurants would probably make something smaller to order but if not I don't expect them to work around my needs

KayLavonne
on 2/17/20 3:06 pm

I will definitely eat off the kids menu! Yes I am cheap but all foods just don't taste good reheated... There are some restaurants that has kids steak and I sure do order it. I've never had an issue and I tip very well. But I absolutely do not reheated steak or shrimp. So yes I will do this but only at certain places. I never have explained that I had a surgery or anything. No one has ever asked. I will order a kids steak with water and enjoy my meal.

Kathleen W.
on 2/17/20 4:51 pm - Lancaster, PA

Depending where I am, I will order from the kids or senior citizens menu. If I'm at a diner, sometimes I will order from the breakfast menu. If I'm at a buffet, I'll find out if they have a menu that I can order from.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

beelzebubbles
on 2/19/20 7:52 am - Lansdowne, PA

I don't like appetizers. I need variety in my meal. Unfortunately when I order a full meal I try to stuff it all in my face. I don't succeed but I am definitely uncomfortable while waiting for others to finish.

But I have found meals that are the appropriate size and order those consistently.

No kids menu for me. I like grown-up food.

RobbieMcKenney
on 2/19/20 7:45 pm

I do at Cracker Barrel. I can get grilled chicken tenderloins and steamed broccoli that fill me up quite nicely. Their kids menu says it is for kids of all ages, and you can get a decent breakfast there as well. A few ethnic places I go to don't have a children's menu but will do a half order if requested. Otherwise I get big girl food and take home the leftovers to have for lunch. Sometimes I will just get soup or will share a meal with hubby. Most appetizers are fried or full of salt so I avoid them.

Tidgel
on 2/20/20 6:27 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Yes, the kids menus are often not made up of the best food choices. I order a full meal and end up splitting it with my boyfriend or taking home the leftovers for another meal.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1365 views