Losing the Regain - 7 lbs down as of today

lynnc99
on 2/18/20 7:56 am

Last week I lamented that I was at a standstill. This morning, I broke through and am down 1.8 lbs. this week, for a total of 7 down since I got back into the game.

My husband is away on family business and will be gone a few more days. I find my overall food intake is lower when I'm by myself (and if you recall, I'm sort of house bound with a broken foot/crutches/boot/knee scooter). I'd LOVE to venture out today for a restaurant meal but lo and behold, we got snow and it may not be worth the trouble.

Someone mentioned intermittent fasting last week. While I haven't tried it in any formal way, I have been eating 2 "meals" and 2 snacks a day with the first meal coming in between 11 am and noon. So yes, I guess that's IF in a way. The point to me is that I am not eating until I'm hungry.

And my total calorie intake for each day this past week is right around 700-750. Low for anyone but a post op, right? My nutrients look good - lots of protein, unsaturated fats, carbs in line, fiber, etc.

So I'm feeling GOOD about it all today! Just about 25% of the regain is GONE. \

(Slowly)

(Inch by inch)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/18/20 8:25 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you're stuck at home, what about ordering something from GrubHub/UberEats/etc.? I've done that a few times and had BBQ delivered when I wasn't feeling up to leaving the house.

Congrats!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

lynnc99
on 2/18/20 9:21 am

You know, I wondered about that. It just may fill the bill. I admit I'm enjoying this bit of a "retreat" - doing lots of knitting, reading a book, and even took a nap one day. Me and the dog are doing just fine!

Christina135
on 2/18/20 9:18 am

The IF was me!

This is wonderful! I find that I am starting to experience the appetite correction that lots of people talk about. It's been really eye opening to see how different I feel, energy etc. just listening to my body and eating when I need to, in my window of time.

Congratulations on the 25% loss! You got this!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Gina 21 Years Out
on 2/18/20 4:49 pm - Burleson, TX

I did IF, for over 6 months, last year, settling in on a 18/6 pattern. I really thought it had become a true "lifestyle", but then I went on our annual summer beach vacation, and just ran amuck...and that was last JULY !!!

I take full ownership, for my jacking up. I have the DDD book, Dr. Fung's books, etc. They stare at me, from the bookcase - especially since I saw our post, last week! Then, our local news did a feature, about IF, the very next day...

Keep talking to me, people! I truly did feel so much better, physically and mentally, when I was IFing

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

scaryreader
on 2/19/20 5:58 pm - Chicago, IL

What is IF? And since I'm here asking questions, my granddaughter says I smell like broccoli. Why? I shower and use cologne daily. When the weather's hot I sometimes shower twice daily if I'm going to be out around anyone. But I have noticed a weird smell and couldn't figure it out. Now I know it's me. I'm going to ask my doc about it next time I see her.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

Christina135
on 2/20/20 6:51 am

I can answer part of this. IF is intermittent fasting. Not a diet, it's a way of life, way of eating during only a certain amount of time that results in your body being in a fasting state longer periods of time. This results in a lower insulin level (I am not a doctor, this is a very basic statement as to what happens in your body) and autophagy (self healing). I highly recommend reading "Delay, Don't Deny" by Gin Stephens, as well as "The Obesity Code" by Dr. Jason Fung. Those two books gave me the most information.

As for the broccoli smell, I have NO clue.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

Christina135
on 2/20/20 6:49 am

Your last line, about feeling better physically, mentally IS so accurate. This is what keeps me going!!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/21/20 4:10 am

I started IF a few years ago to deal with morning IBS-C symptoms (nausea, cramps, pain if I started eating too early). It became a good habit. I drink a lot if liquids in the first 6-7+ hours I am up in the morning. The extra weight just fell off.

It's very easy to be in control of my appetite when I do that. Plus, it really helps my IBS-C.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 2/18/20 11:54 am

Good for you!! Keep up the good work!!

I am down 12 in the past 8 weeks (I lost a lot in the beginning but it coming off more slowly now).

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."