Latest episode my 600 lbs life - very depressing..

OnlineAnnie
on 3/3/20 9:19 pm

I think she should be assessed for an intellectual disability, especially looking at Prader-Willi syndrome, and offered some life care services. All of my clients are intectually disabled (and mentally ill too) and she would fit right in with these folks. I would like to see her receive services and life skills assistance.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/4/20 8:17 am

This is what I though - that beside physical disability - she some other mental developmental issues. That her mother does not see it, but I was hooping dr Now team could see that and be her advocate, helping her get the help she really needs.

I was surprised she did not have any type of social disability income.

One time we tried to hired someone who was clearly not all there, and whose mother supported her until the mother passed away. The lady was taking care of her mother, totally dependent on her mother. After the mother passed, one family member (Sister IL) tried to see if she can work and have some income. We saw very quickly that she was not capable of retaining anything. She would forget simple tasks when she stopped working for 30 min to have lunch. The SIL made an appointment with Social services and took her there. The lady was awarded small amount for life. Permanent disability. It's not a lot, but enough for her to be able to survive. She has a guardian to help her with legal and financial issues. (i.e. making sure her bills are paid on time, she has propane for heating, electricity, and just enough cash for food. ) She had no concept of money, or savings etc.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active