Just can't lose

Unabletolose
on 3/6/20 7:59 am
VSG on 02/11/13

Greek yogurt, fruit, salad with little dressing (not a huge veggie fan), chicken, beef, fish, and very little bread. I also bbq (without the bbq sauce) a lot to avoid the oil from frying. I don't drink soda or juice. I cup of coffee a day, sometime I don't even do that. The rest of the day it's water. I do have my monthly craving for chocolate, but a cup of hot cocoa (made with water, not milk) satisfies that. I am very careful to watch my sugar a d salt intake and always read labels. I also supplement my lack of veggies with a super greens powder. It is just very frustrating when these food tracking apps tell you that you should be losing weight when you enter everything daily and you just aren't.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/8/20 10:30 am

I had the RNY 12 years ago.

For me not only calories but also what I eat can determine if I maintain, lose, or gain.

Things like yogurt, fruits, even bread once in a while - I added to stop weight loss or gain some weight when I got too thin. And I dont need a lot of fruits to stop weight loss. 1-2 nice serving of fruits or day woukd fo that. When I eat that, then I add a small serving of bread, I start gaining.

To lose, not only I need to limit my calories to 1000 per day on average, but I also need to make sure they are from proteins, fats, and some low carbs veggies, like cucumbers, pickles, celery, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli...etc.

To my body - any type of potatoes, corn, green peas, carrots, beets, beans, the starchy veggies, are real pure starch, together with rice. I eat foods from that category to stop weight loss. To maintain or gain. I mai maintain or gain on 1000-1200 calories diet that is ri*****arbs - either sugars (fruits) or starches (starchy veggies ). Plus, because the carbs can cause a significant blood sugar fluctuation, I am often more hungry, and I have a hard time to stick to my diet.

My ideal diet that I can lose weight is 1000 calories = 100 gr of proteins +50 gr of fat + 35gr of carbs (carbs divided through all the meals).

That combination is easy to remember, because for every 10 gr of proteins I need app 5gr of fat, and 3-4 grams of carbs. I need to eat proteins and fat at every meal, and then add a few slices of non-starchy veggies.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 3/5/20 7:34 pm

Did you do the breathing test that measures your resting metobolic rate? It sounds like you have crappy metabolism. I know of several people here on OH that have to keep their calories under 1000 to maintain. To lose they have to cut back even more.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Unabletolose
on 3/6/20 7:51 am
VSG on 02/11/13
  1. I didn't know there was such a thing, thank you! I am going to ask my doctor about this next time I see her. I have always thought it's my metabolism, but didn't know there was a test to prove that theory.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1301 views