????

scaryreader
on 3/8/20 6:24 pm - Chicago, IL

How come people who get lipo don't get flabby?

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

DxE
on 3/8/20 10:09 pm

Liposuction generally removes 10-ish or less lbs.
Reducing by that small of an amount of "volume,"
doesn't result in excessive skin.

Laura in Texas
on 3/10/20 7:21 am

Not true for most of us. After losing massive amounts of weight most of us have excess skin. Getting liposuction without removing the excess skin will give us more excess skin.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/9/20 9:33 pm

Are you sure about that?

My lose skin became more present when I lost my last 20-30 lbs.

Even now, when I lose too much, and get to a low body fat%, my skin looks more wrinkled than when I am a tew pounds heavier.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Laura in Texas
on 3/10/20 7:22 am

What do you mean? Your post is not clear.

Do you mean people who get liposuction do not have excess skin? If that is your point, I disagree.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

SuMari
on 3/11/20 10:21 am

I feel it depends on the person and the elasticity of their skin as well as the area that is receiving the liposuction. You cannot compare yourself to someone who may have better skin quality than you... but on the flip side, if they get lipo in a different area, they may get "flabby" and need an additional procedure down the line. With Lipedema, you can remove the bad fat and nodules, but the skin will still be there, thus, resulting in sagging thighs. A Thigh reduction procedure would then be necessary. but healthy skin tends to bounce back, from what I have read.

Most Active