How to my 18 year old Daughter I'm Have Weight Loss surgery

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/20 12:53 pm

How to my 18 year old Daughter I'm Have Weight Loss surgery

Dee_Caprini
on 4/8/20 3:07 pm

If you are asking, "How do I tell my 18-year-old daughter", you can start with the truth... you are doing this for your health and happiness. You (I am assuming) have done your research and know what to expect and can help educate her as well. If she has questions that you are not sure about, have her attend your seminar or appointments with you so you can have her there for support.

If you are hesitant to tell her because you feel she will not support you, then you go into it firmly, that You would love her support and can answer any questions, should she have them, but if she is going to try and talk you out of it or talk negatively, then you will choose not to discuss your health with her, nor will you listen to any negative opinions.

Best of luck and she is welcome to come on and ask questions to the group as well! We are all here to help!

Laura in Texas
on 4/9/20 6:32 am

Just tell her. I hope she is supportive. You can tell her you need to get your health in order so that you do not become a burden for her. I do not want my kids to have to take care of me if my health fails. I know there are no guarantees, but I know I am doing everything I can for my health. That includes maintaining a healthy weight.

You are doing this for yourself first and foremost, but also for her.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

SuMari
on 4/24/20 3:17 pm

Hello, I am pre-op like you and am trying to find out a way to tell those that are the closest to me without feeling judged. Have you told your daughter yet? How did it go?

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1457 views