Has your sleep schedule been off?

Dee_Caprini
on 4/20/20 3:34 pm

I feel like with this quarantine, my sleep schedule has been totally off! I do my best to turn off all electronics when it's time for bed, but it seems like I just sit there awake until 1-2 AM. I work an 8-5 essential job but this lack of sleep is killing me! I USED to take Melatonin (B.C. = BEFORE CHILDREN, haha) to help me get to sleep but with having two little ones, I do not like the fact that I sleep deep enough to where I won't hear them if they wake up. My oldest has night terrors and I am the only one who can help her through it. I am a light sleeper and I don't mind that it's just GETTING to sleep that is the problem.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/21/20 3:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The Calm app has sleep stories that can help you unwind.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TheWombat
on 4/22/20 5:37 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Like all wombats, I'm naturally nocturnal, and it's getting worse as I get older. Self-isolation just turned it up to 11. The only thing that I've found that helps is to take melatonin 2 or 3 times a month to re-sync.

Do you actually find that melatonin makes you sleep deeply enough that you wouldn't hear your oldest having night terrors, or are you just worried that might be the case? The reason I ask is that in my experience, melatonin only helps me fall asleep, but it doesn't make me sleep any more deeply. So it might be worth a try.

TheWombat
on 4/22/20 5:41 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Just realised that there is something else that helps me a lot. I have one of those speakers that goes under my pillow, and I use it to listen to audiobooks as I fall off to sleep. I choose books that I've read or listened to before, so I'm not kept awake by waiting to see what happens next. But I also choose books that I like enough so that I'll look forward to going to bed.

Dee_Caprini
on 4/22/20 10:42 am

Thank you for your responses. I find that it puts me into a deeper sleep. And I feel crappy when I constantly get woken up if I take it.

SuMari
on 4/24/20 10:27 am

I would agree, mine has been off. I have not been able to work so I am a bit stressed but my husband has been able to work, thankfully. Trying to limit my spending so I can make our savings last. I think that has played a huge role in my sleep or at least, getting restful sleep. I have never taken melatonin so I will have to take a browse through the supplements isle when I do my shopping next. I also think the anxiety of not really being able to go out and enjoy gatherings is getting to me as well. Trying to stick to my pre-op plan as best I can!

Tidgel
on 4/29/20 1:15 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

I have the same issue! And that is with Melatonin and Trazodone...and when I do fall to sleep, I am awake three hours later! Sleep came so easy when I was younger.

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/20 5:09 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I have prescribed trazodone. 2 hours after ingesting I'm up ! Watching tv all nite

Most Active