Servings/portions for tracking

SuMari
on 6/1/20 10:42 am

Hi all,

I am trying different things to satisfy the "sweet" cravings... I find that I gravitate toward sweet/salty combos so I made my very own nut/chocolate clusters yesterday. How do I gauge serving sizes?

I added:

2 C Walnuts
1 C Sunflower Seeds (lightly salted)
1 C Almond Slivers
1 C Macadamia Nuts (lightly salted)
1 C Hershey's Sugar-Free Chocolate
2/3 C Coconut Oil

I melted the coconut oil and the chocolate to liquid form and then mixed everything together and then spread evenly out on a silicon baking sheet and popped it into the fridge. I broke it into pieces and it's really good. But how do you know what one portion is or how many servings are in the entire thing?

Partlypollyanna
on 6/1/20 12:34 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

A lot of the tracking tools have a recipe function, you put everything in it, how many servings you separate it into and then it does the math. Sometimes if the math isn't what you want to see, you have to subdivide the portions again.

I will usually put the recipe in and guess on the portions -- And then adjust the portions -- if it ends up that I need to have a casserole 16 times in order for it to make a "reasonable" protein-carb-calorie count, I won't make it. If it works out that the reasonable portion qty matches the desired protein-carb-calorie count, then I weigh each portion and make sure I have the right number, as close to equal weights as possible. It's not as exact as when using something pre-measured or just one or two ingredients.

Does that help?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 6/1/20 12:45 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I put your recipe into my food tracker, I user 24 servings and it came to 205 calories, 4 protein, 4 carbs. I used Hershey's sugar free syrup as I wasn't sure what specific chocolate you meant.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active