VSG in September

notdamomma
on 6/15/20 7:56 am

I probably took more than was needed but here is what I had.

Comfortable loose-fitting clothes for the ride home (I was over two hours from my home) and even some for your stay. I was able to wear my own after surgery so I felt better not being in a hospital gown. Extra underwear

Pillow (this helps to have extra for your stay at the hospital but also to have on way home)

All necessities like toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, hair ties, deodorant, etc. Think about bringing tampons or pads just in case you start. My surgery brought on my cycle.

Slippers or sandals/crocs so you don't have to bend to tie shoes

Chapstick

Books or iPad/tablet and the charger

Phone and charger

ks76
on 7/4/20 6:56 am, edited 7/3/20 11:57 pm
RNY on 11/29/17

I brought a pair of pj pants and my toiletries was all. I was the first case of the day and was in my room by 8 or 9 am. I really wasnt lucid from the anesthesia until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. But after that I spent the ready of the day walking around. I typically dont sit well and like to be doing something. So we just walked the entire hospital a bunch of times until I was discharged the next evening. Id go sit in the cafeteria with my husband when he had his meals too. I wore my gown and PJ bottoms and the socks they put on you in surgery. Then threw a T-shirt on once we left. And yes as everyone else has said. The pillow for the car ride home. I lived a bit over an hour away and was glad that I had it.

good luck!

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Most Active