Off topic: Do you wear a mask when you go out in public?

Kmegamom
on 5/25/21 7:37 am

Hi, I just found this part of the Onesity website! I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner. Yes my daughters entire family wound up with Covid19 and the great grandma of my grandkids actually did pass away from it. Very sad. Yes we absolutely have too many freedoms that some use to others detriment. Also my daughters dad, who kept showing up to their house with no safe guards, his brother in law died from Covid19 as well. Her dad and his brother in law and their wives would go out dancing every weekend together and the brother in law caught it and died. So many times people use the excuse that they have the right to do whatever they want. Our state is barely starting to open back up after 14 months being in lock down! So those not taking precautions have put this on the rest of us.

Janet P.
on 6/26/20 10:35 am

Absolutely. I live in a 55+high rise community. I'm required to wear a mask in any public spaces - checking my mail, using the elevator (I live on the 11th floor), or throwing out the trash. My primary reasons for going out are to go grocery shopping (done some takeout from local restaurants). A few times I've visited with others within my building - outside and able to be socially distant. My state is between Phase 2 & 3 so I have actually visited with more people lately but we're still being careful and practicing social distancing.

I wear a mask to protect others and expect the same courtesy of other people. They're wearing a mask to protect me!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Teena D.
on 6/27/20 10:46 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I live about 45 kms from Toronto and almost everyone wear masks. I truly wi**** would become mandatory but it is optional. At Costco, they are handing out masks to all shoppers.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Kmegamom
on 6/29/20 10:47 am

I'm looking at your signature bar and about the regain, have you been able to conquer the regain and if so what did you do to get rid of it? I'm dealing with a 20 pound regain after having foot surgery in January then this whole viru**** so going to the gym isn't an option and still recovering from foot surgery so exercise is not happening.

Teena D.
on 6/29/20 1:47 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

It's coming off now. I realized that I needed to get back to what I did after surgery. So I'm keeping my calories under 1000, carbs ideally under 50 and aiming for 60 grams of protein a day. I gained 37 lbs but I've lost 9 now and I'm confident the rest will come. I haven't started exercising yet either. I also had 1/2 my thyroid removed a year ago but the weight is coming off.

Kmegamom
on 5/25/21 7:41 am

I just saw this area of the website, I didn't know about the messages section. I've lost a tiny bit of my regain. How are you doing with yours?

Teena D.
on 5/2/22 7:09 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

It's not going well. ?

Kmegamom
on 6/29/20 10:34 am

Yes I absolutely wear a mask, not in the car but every time I'm not in the car and outside! I feel it's a small price for staying healthy, but I would suggest keeping a bottle of hand sanitizer in your purse or car and don't wait until you get home to disinfect. I have a travel size in my purse and a larger one in my car. As soon as I get back in the car I use it before touching anything, or right out of the store I use the one in my purse. I hope this helps. We can fix stupid and that's what I think about those claiming they have freedom and can't be told what to do! It's all about safety and stopping the spread.

MarinaGirl
on 7/3/20 5:31 pm

I wear a mask whenever I'm outside my house, excluding my own yard. I even wear one while riding my bike, taking my dog for walks in the neighborhood or on the beach, etc. Another benefit of wearing a mask, besides ensuring I don't get anyone sick in case I'm infected and don't know it, is that it keeps the sun off my face, so ANTI-AGING benefits (as well as mitigating risk of skin cancer in the future)!

karenp8
on 7/5/20 6:33 am - Brighton, IL

Yes all the time. I am an adult,after all,and it's the responsible thing to do. Our town and state have to be hotbeds of the virus. In our little town hardly anyone wears one. I have convinced my son to wear ones he has weekly contact with his grandparents and if his grandpa got it would kill him. I am so sick of the stupidity and misquoting of facts on Facebook over this that I've unfriended half my friends(the Trumpers) . One friend blamed surges in Texas and Florida on "all" the Democrats who were rioting and looting and the Democrat governors. Neither of those states has a Democrat governor. You can't fix stupid. In a week and a half I'll be home for 2 weeks taking care of our youngest son after knee surgery. I think I'll wear a hazmat suit if I go out of the house.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1541 views