Taking Ownership

SuMari
on 7/8/20 10:59 am

Happy that you see that there is an issue and taking control of it. You can do this! Every poster above has some valuable information and tips to share and I for one, will keep close

Marilyn101
on 7/11/20 7:25 am - FL

Thank you so much!

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/20 1:35 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I eat a lot and way too often and ( since the virus) barely exercise but my weight stays below goal and stable years out.

For me the secret is veggie-dense and largely fat free adaptations of delicious recipes

For instance I made zucchini-spinach easy lasagna yesterday . Opened a can of Hunts meat flavored spaghetti sauce ( $1 at Walmart) ... added pizza seasoning and basil - sprayed a small loaf pan with butter flavored oil spray ... ladled a little sauce .. added a layer of no- bake lasagna noodles , a layer of fat free ricotta with butter buds and salt n pepper , a layer of spinach with creamy pesto sauce ... double that and add zucchini spirals and bake a half hour at 350 . Yum yum so filling healthy and delicious .

I DONT think you can get skinny eating fast food or even restaurant food ( which is way fattier than what you'd cook yourself ) . But I haven't been hungry for a minute since surgery and I'm pretty undisciplined and still look and feel good . ((()))

Cathy H.
on 7/10/20 11:20 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Ava, it's nice that super low fat works for you, as you say often, but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. I am ketogenic...meaning HIGH FAT, medium protein, very low carb...and have been for 3 years, and it works great for me. Everyone's body is different, and I was never as successful with losing weight or maintaining weight loss when I was low fat/high carb, but I sure am successful with keto.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Marilyn101
on 7/11/20 7:30 am - FL

You are correct everyone is different. I am watching my calories and my carbs. This worked for me last year when I lost 57 of the 73lb regain. Of course adding water intake and exercise.

Dee_Caprini
on 7/9/20 3:12 pm

How have your first few days been? I hope well. Remember, it will always be hard amd your mind will play tricks on you. You can do this!!!

Marilyn101
on 7/11/20 7:34 am - FL

You are so right your mind is powerful and will play tricks on you. However feeling good on day 6 today. Thank you for checking in the support is greatly appreciated.

Blakween
on 7/12/20 9:22 am
VSG on 06/10/14 with

Thank you for sharing. I am experiencing regain as well and I am completely distraught. I havent been on this site for months but I am going to begin using it again as a resource. I have regained 50lbs and I am humiliated and terrified of complete relapse.

Most Active