Hamilton - off topic

White Dove
on 7/17/20 6:17 am - Warren, OH

Before I watch Hamilton on Disney, I decided the read the book on which the play was based. I am only at Chapter 3 and so amazed by his history and life. I will enjoy the play more by knowing the background story.

Has anyone else read the book?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 7/17/20 6:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

no but I heard the author speak at an American Library Association conference a couple of years ago. He was great! He'd just published a book on U.S. Grant before I saw him - in fact, they gave away some copies at the talk (they ran out before I got to the table - boo!). He's supposed to be a great writer, so I really should read some of his stuff!!

White Dove
on 7/17/20 7:32 am - Warren, OH

This is my first time reading him. Would love to hear him speak in person. Grant is another person I would love to read more history on so that will probably be my next book.

Janet P.
on 7/17/20 11:13 am

Didn't read the book but I'm a big fan of historical biographies. It's on my Kindle wish list.

I will also say I'm a huge Broadway fan (musicals in particular) - have been for 50+ years. I was fortunate to see Hamilton, not with the original cast, but the cast that replaced the original case. It was amazing and I've watched it on Disney+ several times already (I even bought a Fire Stick and subscribed to Disney+ just for Hamilton).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

White Dove
on 7/17/20 1:35 pm - Warren, OH

I will be subscribing to Disney just to see Hamilton.