Post-ops: What has helped you most to maintain your weight loss?

TJFox
on 7/20/20 8:38 am

I have gained some weight in the past few months and I am finding it hard to get motivated. It probably doesn't help that I started a new medication that is known to cause weight gain. What has helped you the most to stay at your goal weight?

Blakween
on 7/20/20 9:03 am
VSG on 06/10/14 with

Hi TJ,

We are in the same boat. I have regained 40. I have joined a therapeutic support group that meets 2x/wk. I had surgery 6/10/14 and did not take advantage of resources like OH post op because I had an unrelated surgery one year later which in hindsight threw me off course. So in a sense I am starting over! Trying to walk daily and pay more attention to macros. You will have to endure trial and error to find out what works best for your body. One mistake I made was to stop weighing myself. Although it can be devastating, it is just a number, it does not define who we are as people. It helped me stay on track so I have recently started weighing myself on Friday mornings. Last week I lost 6lbs! Be encouraged.

Kelly M.
on 7/20/20 11:16 am - TX

Also I cut out salt and processed foods.

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

TJFox
on 7/20/20 12:36 pm

I need to do that! I use too much salt...

TJFox
on 7/20/20 12:35 pm, edited 7/20/20 5:37 am

Blakween...Thank you so much for your encouraging response. Congratulations on your recent weight loss too!

TJFox
on 7/20/20 12:37 pm
Kelly M.
on 7/20/20 2:58 pm - TX

Im sorry I got lost where I was posting...Im a mess lol sorry

Kelly M.
on 7/20/20 9:12 am - TX

I eat no carbs...none Im eight years out in Oct

KimmyJJ
on 7/20/20 10:56 am

Kelly M., I need some help with having low to no carbs. My problem is I like pasta and bread is convenient at times. I still don't eat pasta every week, maybe just every 3 weeks or less often. What has been your most effective way to stay away from those types of carbs? The RD said there are healthy carbs in veggies, but to still stick to portion sizes recommended. When you say no carbs, can you help me understand what that means exactly? Appreciate it!

KimmyJJ

Kelly M.
on 7/20/20 11:15 am - TX

That includes: pasta bread rice, no breading on meats, you can have a serving of veggies or fruit...It does not work for me when I eat fruit truly keeps me from loosing..you have to do what works for you. I have a very slow metabolism, so I stay away from fruit, thats for me. Example what I ate last week and lost 8 pounds. This is it: Eggs and chicken, chicken tenders with no breading at all. This is just my way...when you eat this way you do not crave other foods that we should not be eating. I am horrified of ever being over weight again, so that helps me its just a natural way I have eaten last 8 years and its easy for me, I also do not eat red meat. If veggies and salad would fill me up I would not eat any meats.

Most Active