Birthday and surgery

candisjo
on 8/18/20 8:58 am
VSG on 08/24/20

Hello all, I am new to this group. My birthday is this weekend, the 22nd, and my surgery is the 24th. I have been on my 2 week preop liquid only diet since the 10th. It's been really hard. With my birthday this weekend and going home to Atlanta to celebrate it, the temptation of eating will be there (since I love wings so much; lemon pepper to be exact lol). I'm praying I will remain strong. Thanks for any encouraging words and positive vibes!

SuMari
on 8/18/20 10:36 am

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! What I've understood is that you will have many birthdays and occasions to celebrate because of the choices you are making now. There can be other ways to enjoy, you can sip Lemon chicken broth and put pepper to taste! Make the best of the situation and try not to allow "you having a great time" to revolve around food.

If there is a family member you can talk to about your insecurities about being around food, see if there is somewhere away from the food that you can sit/rest since you will be just out of surgery and your family member can keep an eye on you to see if there is anything you may need.

You can do this!

ladygodiva1228
on 8/19/20 4:17 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On August 18, 2020 at 3:58 PM Pacific Time, candisjo wrote:

Hello all, I am new to this group. My birthday is this weekend, the 22nd, and my surgery is the 24th. I have been on my 2 week preop liquid only diet since the 10th. It's been really hard. With my birthday this weekend and going home to Atlanta to celebrate it, the temptation of eating will be there (since I love wings so much; lemon pepper to be exact lol). I'm praying I will remain strong. Thanks for any encouraging words and positive vibes!

Not to sound like a Debbie downer, but maybe going to Atlanta to celebrate your birthday isn't the best thing. You've been on a liquid diet for almost 2 weeks and will then be surrounded by food. Birthday's come every year, but surgery is a one shot deal.

Also know that should you end up eating stuff your surgery could be cancelled. I've seen it happen.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

ScaleSkater
on 8/19/20 10:02 am

Are you choosing to do this surgery to help yourself or not? There are going to be many food temptations and no food parties pre-surgery. You are about to engage on a tough, but the best journey of your life. Time to suck it up ;)

Choose your path! Good luck and happy non-food birthday wishes.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Most Active