Just Starting Out

agomezwimbush
on 8/27/20 3:50 pm

Hey everyone. I am at the very beginning of my weight loss journey. I had my consultation last week and I have been slowly changing the way I have been eating this past week. I have been portioning my meals and I eat every 4-5 hours. I have been drinking way more water than I have been in the past. The only issue that I have is trying to find workouts for someone that never have exercised before. So if anyone has any tips please let me know.

White Dove
on 8/27/20 5:32 pm - Warren, OH

The best thing to do is get your shoes on and go for a walk. At first you might not be able to get very far. When I first started out, I would try to add one more driveway each day. After a while I was doing two or three miles at a time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 8/27/20 6:00 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Walk!!!! It's free and you can do it anywhere. A dear friend of mine walks around the inside of her house every morning. But myself I like outside weather permitting. Don't push just do what you can do and ever day add a few more steps. No one starts running a marathon. I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dee_Caprini
on 8/28/20 10:33 am

Starting out, walking is all I could really do. As others mentioned add a little each day and listen to your body! I now prefer Boot-Camp Style exercising because I am not a big walker... I honestly need someone to tell me what to do (now).

I also need others there to motivate me, so if you have a friend or family member who can go with you... invite them!

PuggleDad
on 9/4/20 9:42 am

There definitely isn't one thing we're all going to like and stick with. Whatever gets you moving and burning calories is a good thing. Exercise should become a part of our lives, now and always, so we have to choose things we like or can at least tolerate long-term. If you told me I had to get on a cardio machine at a gym and stare at a wall while I worked out, I would have never stuck with it and I would be much heavier than I am now.

Most Active