Feeling tired all the time!

Tidgel
on 9/9/20 7:40 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I can't seem to find the energy to accomplish anything lately. I just feel tired and uggggh! (My poor house shows it too.) But then when it comes time to turn in for the night, I am wide awake and tossing and turning. I stopped taking my anxiety medication thinking that might be the cause but nothing has changed. It has been months since I have felt like doing much at all. Has anyone else had this issue ongoing and if so, did you find anything that helped you get out of a rut like I am in?

catwoman7
on 9/9/20 8:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've been having those issues lately, too - I chalk mine up to the pandemic and everything else going on these days...

Tidgel
on 9/10/20 6:53 am
RNY on 04/15/19

That's probably part of my issues as well.

White Dove
on 9/10/20 3:02 am - Warren, OH

Make an appointment and get full labs. This could be a B12 deficiency. B12 shots can be very helpful in getting your energy back, but the first step is finding out if anything physical is wrong.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tidgel
on 9/10/20 6:54 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Good suggestion! I did have to have a B12 shot about a year ago. I had forgotten about that because it was the only time I have ever had one. Thank you!

Truelove33
on 9/10/20 6:50 am

I feel the same way and wonder if things have gotten worse due to this pandemic and all of the negative news? I took a sleep medication years ago that helped me a lot but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.

Janet P.
on 9/10/20 6:57 am

Always look at labs first. How's your iron/ferritin?

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Terrybug
on 9/21/20 12:03 pm, edited 9/21/20 5:03 am
  • I have my own issues with my surgery aftermath but one of the few things I heard and really took very seriously was my doctor's emphasis on sufficient vitamin supplements. I had the Roux-en-y bypass they emphasized how very important it was that I take my supplements because my body could no longer absorb enough nutrients from just food no matter how much I ate. They also pounded into my head how critical it was to get labs done every 6 months to check all my levels of just about everything especially my iron and vitamin/mineral levels. Also to check my bone density every few years to be sure I was absorbing enough calcium. I stayed anemic for at least a year until a doctor stumbled on a prescription iron vitamin for pregnant women called Concept O B. He put me on two a day and I've not had any anemia issues since. I had to be insistent with my insurance several times but once they understood it was the only iron regime that worked, they backed off. Also, B12 alone isn't sufficient. They explained that B vitamins had to be taken in the right combination and dosage together at the same time. They recommend GNC liquid B Complex and my B levels have always been excellent. Also, a multivitamin is crucial, a chewable or a liquid is best because it needs to be absorbed quickly. I hope these suggestions are helpful.
SidneyLeiFrances
on 9/22/20 5:59 am

I am in the same boat. No energy and unable to sleep. I sleep for only about two hours at a time it seems and then wake up and turn on a podcast hoping to go back to sleep. When I finally do, once again it is only for a couple of hours. I wish I could find a solution without taking any medication. Sleep medications make me useless the next day.

Most Active