Do you feel like you self sabotage?

Dee_Caprini
on 9/11/20 10:25 am

Sometimes I feel like I am out of control and it's so hard to get back on track. I am trying to log my food, everything that goes in and them I step on the scale and it doesn't move. There have been so many variables that have altered my thinking this year and I am hoping that the rest of 2020 is nice to me. I find that I am still a stress eater and I think that is my hardest hurdle to get over. Even being so far out, I still struggle. I ate carbs for breakfast, then, whelp, the whole day is ruined! why is it so hard to get rid of old thinking!?

Jmm4321
on 9/11/20 10:56 am

I self sabotage a lot. That's how I ended up MO. But now I climb back on the horse and the wls helps get me back on track.

Dee_Caprini
on 9/11/20 3:28 pm

I agree!

Melody P.
on 9/11/20 1:57 pm - Amarillo, TX

Ohhhh very very much so. I am my own worst enemy!

I have been seeing a psychologist who works with a lot of WLS patients. She told me something that has saved me so much. If we drop a phone and it doesn't break do we drop it on purpose again and again to make it break? It broke up the all or nothing attitude I had. Don't get me wrong I have moments of not doing that. It has for me made me stop and think. I also made a board with the quote in my signature. I see it every morning and any time I go into my room. One misstep doesn't mean failure. Not even 20 missteps mean that. As long as we never give up.

Dee_Caprini
on 9/11/20 3:38 pm

You are absolutely right. Sometimes it is just so much easier to eat crappy!? why is that!?

I really like the quote you've mentioned because what I put into my body is 100% under my control.

I think my biggest misstep is that I forget things easily and if I start on a liquid/protein day, I am usually making things for my kids and will "bite" here, "bite" there yadda... and "mommy, taste this..."

I have to remember this: One misstep/more does not mean failure

Melinda Reynolds
on 9/11/20 5:00 pm - Lenexa, KS

Since Covid I feel like I keep making excuses as to why I am not on track and it has resulted in regain, again. I lost the regain I had before and here I am for 2.0. Drinking got to be an issue as well for me during this crap. I had to quit weighing myself because it was stressing me out and I would stress eat. I have been back in the gym for the last two months but it is coming off slowly and I am just like blah. I have to avoid carbs all together since they are a trigger that can start me eating all dang day.

White Dove
on 9/12/20 4:37 pm - Warren, OH

For the first years after surgery, we are on a mission. We have a new tool and a new chance to live life the way we dreamed it could be lived. Staying on the diet was easy, exercising was a joy, jumping on the scale was fun, buying smaller sizes was exciting.

That time has come and gone. One day those things are no longer new and fun. Losing weight is no longer a priority. It is just a dreaded task that hangs over our lives and pulls the joy from everyday.

One morning, you will wake up and feel dedicated to weight loss again. And then staying on the diet, exercising, and getting on the scale will be fun again. I had surgery in 2007. I have been though a few episodes of regains and episodes of losing again.

You will make that dedication again when you are ready. In the meantime, enjoy life. I find that getting on the scale everyday does keep me at least aware of what is going on, so I don't get a big shock on a doctor's scale.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadsHunt
on 9/14/20 9:07 am

White Dove, this is great information for me personally, as I am just entering this first exciting area of the journey, thank you.

MadsHunter

Dee_Caprini
on 9/14/20 10:54 am

Thank you WD, I think of you as the little angel on the shoulder... you provide such great information that is so insightful! Thank you for helping me ground myself

TJFox
on 9/14/20 7:46 am

I can so very much relate! I stress eat too often. I hope the rest of 2020 is kind to you as well...to all of us!

Most Active