How often do you weigh yourself?

Deb366
on 9/28/20 11:16 am
I weigh in once or twice a week probably. I have gained during the pandemic but it is more related to less exercise versus eating more. Sometimes the scale flucuates and doesn't seem to make any sense at all....up or down 6 pounds in one day for example. So I mostly go by how I feel and how my pants are fitting. It's not a big thing...

Currently 125  pounds
PuggleDad
on 9/29/20 12:41 am

I was weighing myself half a dozen times a day for awhile. I had to physically put my scale in the top part of my closet, just so it would take a lot of effort to get it out and weigh myself. Be very mindful of any behavior that borders on obsessive.

Eventually I got to the point where I wouldn't weigh myself for a couple weeks at a time, and that was far better for my mental health.

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/20 12:49 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I never weigh. I'm a lot heavier than I look maybe due to muscle mass - but I get depressed when the scale isn't remotely in the range I think I should weigh.

Also I found I could fluctuate the scale twenty lbs just by standing here or there on it so how accurate is it anyway? When I went to buy one in the store every scale weighed me differently - a LOT differently.

I can tell by the fat around my waistline and how tight my jeans fit whether I'm moving in the right direction.

Actually exercise makes you appear temporarily little BIGGER because your muscles pump themselves full of water so sometimes when I resume intensely exercising it is a little challenging to accept the " football player " shoulders in the mirror lol. But the results the next morning when my belly looks flatter and I look visibly better and more erect are tot worth it.

HaleyyGirl
on 9/30/20 10:35 am

Seeing everyone have varied opinions on the matter is very interesting, I am not sure how often I would want to weigh myself because I don't own a scale at the moment and just got the shocker of being almost 260 pounds when I went for my annual physical last week. 20 pounds heavier than last years weight. This was my eye opening moment for me and really made me want to consider having weight loss surgery.

ks76
on 9/30/20 1:44 pm
RNY on 11/29/17

I do at least once a week..sometimes more. More out of habit than anything else.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

VioletFemme
on 10/1/20 8:50 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I step on the scale every single day. I don't sweat the going up or down 1 or 2 pounds. To me, that's part of the natural fluctuations. I do keep a monthly tracker and use that as my "official" weight. Weighing myself is part of a routine. I want to catch potential regain when it's just 5 or 10 pounds. However, if it impacts your mental health, weigh less often.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Most Active