Can we talk "Chaffles"?

Dee_Caprini
on 9/24/20 10:23 am

ok, do I need to get a Chaffle maker? does it differ than just making it on a pan? What are your favorite recipes? Do you go sweet or savory? I keep seeing them pop up and am interested in knowing more!

I also keep seeing things like Cloud Bread and Fat Bombs? Anyone have any input on these? Where do I start? There are so many different (new) things out there that weren't around when I started. Oh how things have evolved!

Tekish
on 9/24/20 12:57 pm
On September 24, 2020 at 5:23 PM Pacific Time, Dee_Caprini wrote:

ok, do I need to get a Chaffle maker? does it differ than just making it on a pan? What are your favorite recipes? Do you go sweet or savory? I keep seeing them pop up and am interested in knowing more!

I also keep seeing things like Cloud Bread and Fat Bombs? Anyone have any input on these? Where do I start? There are so many different (new) things out there that weren't around when I started. Oh how things have evolved!

Keto diet stuff. I am so out of the diet loop.

I'll let you research it all ;)

Good luck,

Tek

Dee_Caprini
on 9/24/20 3:17 pm

apparently, I am too!!!

catwoman7
on 9/24/20 1:27 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

most people use mini waffle makers (like the Dash) to make chaffles, but you can make them in a standard waffle maker, too. I haven't made them in awhile, but I usually made sweet ones and topped them with plain Greek yogurt and fruit sauce I made by cooking down berries in sugar free Torani syrup.

I've never made cloud bread - but I'm pretty sure I've seen recipes online.

Fat bombs - the ones I know about are these things that Slimfast makes. They look like Reese's cups but they have even more fat in them. Tek is right - they're Keto.

Dee_Caprini
on 9/24/20 3:26 pm

ok, I have a normal waffle maker, but wondered if that made a difference. BUT seeing how they are so small makes me want to "entertain" getting one... you know, for the kids. I need the practice if this is want I am going to tell my husband. haha

Fat bombs just scared me, but I am not sure my pouch could even handle the word

catwoman7
on 9/24/20 3:29 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

those DASH waffle makers are cheap - I think I paid around $10 for mine on amazon.

I have a box of Slimfast Fat Bombs in my cupboard but don't eat them very often. Sometimes I do if I'm having a "big pouch" day because all that fat keeps me satisfied for awhile. But protein and fiber also keep me full...

White Dove
on 9/24/20 4:30 pm - Warren, OH

My husband used to say I was buying things like that for my next garage sale. But if they are really only $10, buy one and see if you like it. I made cloud bread once and was not at all impressed, so never made it again. They call it cloud bread because it is like eating air. It is like the meringue on a lemon pie. I know I substituted sweetener for the sugar.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cathy H.
on 9/24/20 5:37 pm, edited 9/24/20 10:38 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Chaffles are awesome...I love them. The only advantage to the small Dash waffle maker (I have one) is if you want to make one chaffle. They are round, but just the size of a regular waffle. If you want to make more than one, just use your regular waffle maker. Most of the time I use my regular waffle iron to make 4 at a time, then I just pop them in the toaster or microwave to reheat.

I haven't made cloud bread, personally don't see the point, it's basically just egg whites. There are a lot of other keto bread options out there that are tastier and more filling. I suggest Fathead dough made into rolls, it's awesome.

Fat bombs are only necessary if you have trouble getting your keto fat ratios up where you need them. That being said, there are tons of recipes out there. I just made some chocolate coconut fat bombs the other day...no recipe, just melted about 1/2 cup of Lily's chocolate chips with a tablespoon of coconut oil and about a half cup or so of unsweetened coconut. Mixed, popped into silicone mini muffin cups and refrigerate. Tasty way to get in that extra fat.

If you have Pinterest, there are hundreds of great fat bomb recipes out there.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Dee_Caprini
on 9/25/20 10:18 am

Thank you! I think I like the idea of making 4 at a time. seems easier to me than one at a time and I can share since my kids eat what I eat.

I think I am looking at "no dough" options because the bread consistency style foods can get stuck and hard for me to digest.

I will take a look at the fatbombs and see if there are any chocolate/peanut butter options.

Thanks alL!

Tidgel
on 9/25/20 5:33 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I have never even heard of Chaffles, Cloud Bread and Fat Bombs. I am going to have to research these.