Please Share Your Favorite Fall WLS Friendly Hacks !

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/20 7:37 am, edited 10/5/20 8:04 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I used to like the fall ( because I got to wear flattering clothes again- summer sleeveless and bathing suits were always dreaded ) but also hated it because the cold weather comes with so many constant fattening food cravings -

Nuts , cheeses, baked goods, fatty meats like ribs ...used to seem like I could never get enough- anything pumpkin spice flavored lol...

One low-fat but very filling and nutty tasting nut substitute I often turn to post op is chestnuts.

Popcorn ( especially the kettle cooked slightly toasted but oil-free kind I'm making now) is also a super low fat high fiber guilt free snack. I eat it with Molly McButter sprinkles which are salty but fat free.

Baked squash used in everything from soups to muffins ( one of these days I'll dare attempt a sweet potato or pumpkin pie ) .

Roasted Brussels sprouts ( I roll them in a BIT of sesame oil - a tablespoon will cover literally a whole bag of sprouts and then sprinkle VERY liberally with Greek Seasoning ) are a DELICIOUS and filling vegetable snack.

Sliced baked low-fat ham rubbed with Five Spice seasoning , studded with cloves and topped with Apricot Saucy Susan or Ah-So Chinese Pork Barbecue seasoning ( the scary red color is , it turns out from beets ... and it marries so well with ham)

What have you discovered ?

Tidgel
on 10/5/20 9:20 am
RNY on 04/15/19

The first thing that comes to mind is that instead of french fries, I now make zucchini or sweet potato fries or chips.

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/20 10:58 am
RNY on 01/01/14

How do you make them ?

I bought ( raw sweet potato and raw acorn squash ) crinkle - cut " fries" from Whole Foods but was disappointed how dry and tiny they came out of the air fryer. ( I just put them in plain at 450)

TY !!

RhinaMK
on 10/5/20 3:39 pm

I peel a Spaghetti squash, chop it in half and then put it in the slow cooker along with a ground meat, spices and tomato sauce. Comes out all prepared in a few hours and a healthier alternative to pasta

Most Active