Does anyone have a favorite powder and/or ready to drink protein shake?

Dee_Caprini
on 10/5/20 10:35 am

I am working on losing my 10-ish COVID pounds and starting to incorporate more of the shakes back into my daily routine since I have felt that I haven't been on my game the last few months. I will gladly accept any recommendations for some new ideas to get me excited again!

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/20 11:06 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I used to like Isopure Banana Cream and Oreo Cookie. Its been a long time since I attempted a shake - but I seem to remember I chose Isopure because its zero sugar maybe zero carb? Please don't hold me to it :)

These days I just use an obscene amount of dry milk in my chai tea and coffee lattes.

Other than a few bites of " real food", all-day lattes, soup and popcorn ( and vegetables raw and cooked ) are pretty much what I live on.

Dee_Caprini
on 10/6/20 10:39 am

I used Isopure when I was starting out my journey, back in the day, and I think I got sick of it, especially the super sweet clear protein that they had. Have the changed the formula or is it still the same?

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/20 7:40 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I don't like the clear protein fruit flavored ones either . The ones I'm talking about come in the big containers and are supposed to be mixed with milk of some kind I believe.

TheWombat
on 10/5/20 11:56 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I don't know if you can get it outside of Europe, but this powder is absolutely delicious! I'm a connoisseur of vegan protein powders.

Pulsin chocolate pea protein.

https://www.nourish.ie/p/pulsin-chocolate-pea-protein-250g/palv012

Dee_Caprini
on 10/6/20 10:38 am

Pea protein- dumb question. does it have a "earthy/pea" underlining flavor? I have never heard of that before

TheWombat
on 10/6/20 1:07 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Not a dumb question at all! Pea protein itself doesn't really have a flavour, so it won't mask whatever flavour is added to it. Of course, things could vary a bit depending on brand, so you might prefer one brand to another.

On the other hand the hemp protein I tried once had a strong vegetable taste. Would probably be OK in a green smoothie, but not for general purpose use.

Another tip I got from my nutritionist is that if you dislike the flavour of the protein powder in a particular recipe, try using half the recommended amount. Once I started doing that, it really improved the flavour of recipes, so I ended up using more overall.

I make protein hot chocolate with a spoonful of cocoa, a spoonful of protein powder, artificial sweetener to taste, ho****er, and a splash of milk (non-dairy in my case). Yummy and low calorie. I like to vary it, perhaps adding a little almond extract, or cinnamon, or milled flaxseed. I'm a vegan, so I have 2 or 3 cups of this a day. That gives me a big head start on meeting my protein and liquid requirements.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/5/20 12:36 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I do like premier protein but I also get protein powder from true nutrition on line and they have a lot of flavors, a lot of protein options and you can go "heavy" or "light" on the flavoring. I have gingerbread and eggnog right now.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kathleen W.
on 10/5/20 2:11 pm - Lancaster, PA

I like GNC protein shakes.

Stats for Lean Shakes: 170 calories,25 g protein, 2g sugar (most of the shake flavors)

Stats for Lean Shakes Burn: 170 calories, 30 g protein, 6 g fiber, 200 mg caffine (most of lean shake favors)

Both come in powder and premade.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Dee_Caprini
on 10/6/20 10:37 am

Thank you. This helps so much.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1356 views