NSV: jeans

TheWombat
on 10/6/20 1:19 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

With working from home due to COVID-19, I wasn't in a hurry to replace my baggy jeans. But eventually it got to the point where they would slide down and trip me up. Of course, the pandemic has made clothes shopping difficult. Usually the fitting rooms are closed so you can't try things on. So I made a guess at my size and bought some jeans. They seemed a little roomy, but I figured they would be handy for manual stuff like gardening or carpentry (I'm fixing up my cottage), so I didn't return them. A few weeks later I bought the next size down. They still seemed slightly roomy, but I kept them for the same reason. A few weeks after that, I bought the next next size down. They looked way too small, but I tried them on and they were a perfect fit!

Every time I see those jeans, I think how did some kid's jeans end up in my house? And then I realise they're my jeans.

HaleyyGirl
on 10/6/20 5:15 pm

Congratulations!

But what does NSV mean?

White Dove
on 10/7/20 1:20 am - Warren, OH

Non Scale Victory. Something great other than your weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

HaleyyGirl
on 10/7/20 11:07 am

Oh, I see! Thanks!

SidneyLeiFrances
on 10/6/20 7:08 pm

What an amazing feeling that must be. Congratulations. I have my first appointment with a weight loss surgeon in two days. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am happy for you.

White Dove
on 10/7/20 1:24 am - Warren, OH

I bought one pair at a time when I went down a size. But when I got to size 12, I felt like that was as small as I would ever be and bought quite a few pairs in size 12.

I was wrong and kept getting smaller. I ended up at my lowest in size 0. After I had a bounceback regain I stayed in size 4 for the next ten years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TJFox
on 10/7/20 8:34 am

Congratulations! What a great NSV moment!

Lauren010110
on 10/7/20 11:22 am - Victorville, CA

Congratulations! LOVE that feeling!

LezetteChristineMua
on 10/21/20 5:43 pm
VSG on 12/11/17

Congrats!! NSV's are the Biggest things I have learned to celebrate over the years!! I still get mind boggled that my jeans are my jeans as well. It's a pretty good feeling. I am so happy for you, Thanks for sharing :)

KristynSpecter
on 11/11/22 1:10 am, edited 11/10/22 5:12 pm

But now you have jeans for all occasions, lol.

Most Active