Should I be concerned that my doctor Told me I'll be the heaviest Patient she ever had To...

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/20 8:22 pm

Should I be concerned that my doctor Told me I'll be the heaviest Patient she ever had To operate on

Partlypollyanna
on 10/23/20 2:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Are you heaviest patient and your her 10th surgery or are you her heaviest patient and she's done thousands of the surgeries? I think that would make a difference to how concerned a comment like that would make me. I would have a lot more questions for her as well.

Do you know what her outcomes typically are?

Is she with a center of excellence?

I would definitely ask her why she is telling you that - is it to motivate you to be diligent if she has a pre surgery WLS requirement? Is she saying that as a general statement rather than giving you visibility to increased risks? Is she concerned about that more than usual concerns? Does it create different considerations for her and how is she addressing them?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

ScaleSkater
on 10/23/20 6:59 am

Agree. If the context was she's comfortable doing you, but adding some unnecessary info -okay. But if she appears concerned, find a new one.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Most Active