Scared to Lose

hollykim
on 10/24/20 7:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 23, 2020 at 6:10 PM Pacific Time, HaleyyGirl wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question, but has anyone ever been scared to lose the weight? I mean really WANTING to lose weight, but at the same time being scared of losing it, because your weight was what defined you (almost) all of your life? Although it was in a negative way. I'm scared of the skin, my hair falling out, dumping, just so many thoughts. I can't describe it better, but maybe some will understand

I couldn't wait to get on the table. Temporary hair loss, temporary sagging skin( that's what plastic surgery is for) dumping is not a problem for everyone and is only a problem if you eat inappropriately so you can control that, those things were nothing compared to the possibility of developing type II diabetes where my kidneys would burn out and dialysis be required, where my retinas in my eyes would burn out and I would be blind.

it was just a no brained for me. Therapy Is always a good thing too.

HaleyyGirl
on 10/27/20 1:34 pm

I will look into seeing about getting some therapy sessions in. I know it's going to be tough to tackle issues head on, but totally worth it in the long run. I need to learn to cope without food.

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/20 8:15 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I too had some hair loss in the shower and in the brush but nothing noticeable.

Weirdly my hair grew back even curlier so now I sport a waist-length Jew-Fro which pretty much translates to a MANE or ringlets if its wet . People like it.

I still have some loose skin I'd like to take care of - some bra overhang, underarm fat , exercise resistant tummy rolls and muffin top ... id like a little bit more prominent and higher butt curve too ... and a few improvements on my face as well. Unfortunately my favorite plastic surgeons seem to have taken an indefinite break during COVID - so I'm staying Covid-Ugly ( as opposed to Coyote Ugly lol )

Seriously, I was never unattractive and post op have a serious problem keeping the constantly calling exes at bay. So obviously the hair and skin issues aren't that bad.

More importantly I FEEL great and am finally starting to work towards my life goals without health and addiction issues getting in the way !

HaleyyGirl
on 10/27/20 1:36 pm

Thank you very much. you have a fun way of putting things out there. Made me laugh. I don't have an "exes" problem, so I am good with that respect. I just want to feel good about myself

Tidgel
on 10/29/20 8:39 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I wasn't afraid to lose the weight. I was afraid I would not.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/20 9:08 am

It's totally understandable. It sounds scary because you haven't been there, that mystery makes it scary. But from many many people who have lost a lot of weight, they all love their new body and state of health. There's a great Youtuber that you may enjoy to assist your weight loss journey called ObesetoBeast. He shares most of his own experience in losing a massive amount of weight. Hope that will help.

ChavezFrinak1955
on 11/12/20 2:24 pm

Correction to my response to you.

my last sentence should read

i regret not a tiny bit?

ChavezFrinak1955
on 11/12/20 2:20 pm

I can only speak to my own experience of 10/26/06 top weight 301 lowest weight 138. I gained 30 lbs. thank God currently back on track.
Preop all I knew were the layers of fat I had used to hide behind. I was clueless to the greatness I'd be experiencing. My removal of excess skin surgery was my final goodbye. That surgery was physically much more painful but I could finally pull my pants up! Loosing my hair I lost a lot which only meant that I needed to figure out the types of REAL Foods my body now required. I honestly think dumping at some point of the journey happens to us all. For me It was a horrible experience. It left me depleted and helped me to us my journal so I cam review what could have brought it on. After thinking about surgery for 5 years and finally having the procedure of course I was scared, post surgery was an unknown for me but I regret one tiny bit.
hope this helps

HaleyyGirl
on 12/21/20 1:22 pm

I love photos! Thank you as it puts a lot into perspective. Real stories, Real proof. You look so different!

SidneyLeiFrances
on 12/22/20 8:25 am

I am not afraid to lose the weight but am concerned about the things you mentioned. Especially the hair loss. I am also a little nervous about being put under.

Most Active