What a roller coaster... My surgery was approved!

SuMari
on 11/6/20 11:04 am

I don't have a specific date yet because I am meeting with the surgeon's office at the end of the month. Oh my God, I am so relieved. I was wondering about things you did to prep?

• Questions I can ask the surgeon?
  • Tell me what you packed in your hospital bag... what you thought you needed and didn't touch and what you couldn't do without.

I am so relieved. Thank you all for your words of assurance. I am glad I requested my Dr's office to resubmit and appeal the denial.

Want2beMe
on 11/6/20 11:43 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Congrats on the appeal! I didn't pack much: change of loose fitting clothes and slip on crocs, chapstick, toothbrush and paste, comb, scrunchie, tablet and phone with chargers, and my journal. I couldn't live without my phone and toothbrush. My mouth felt so dry the morning after surgery, I brushed my teeth 3 times. Walking is truly the key to healing.

Ask if you can wear a mask if your in a recovery where there's other patients. What is the visitor guidelines (maybe different due to covid) and visiting hours? Whats your expected length of stay? Everyone is different with length of stay, even though I was considered a risk I only spent 1 night. Can you shower the next day? I could have showered but I chose the sani wipes to clean myself and showered at home.

SuMari
on 11/9/20 10:42 am

These are questions I would have never thought of! Things are so different and honestly, I never thought of COVID until JUST now because before, it was never an issue when I first started researching

Lina_Ando
on 11/6/20 2:31 pm

Questions: how long will I stay in the hospital, How many incisions, what do you recommend (procedure, if you haven't decided), do you hold regular support groups, do you have post op classes as a way to stay accountable?

I only stayed one night, I brought comfy stretchy clothes that weren't hard to pull up (and wouldn't fall down by themselves) for on the way home, chapstick, a hair tie, an extension cord for my phone and a charger. My glasses and a note pad for notes from the discharge nurse.

White Dove
on 11/6/20 2:54 pm - Warren, OH

The chapstick, phone, and charger are the only things you really need to bring. The hospital will probably supply anything else. Put a pillow in the car to hold against your stomach on the drive home. It will really help.

Your lips will be dry and cracked and you will really be happy you have the chapstick.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SuMari
on 11/9/20 10:42 am

Thank you!

TheWombat
on 11/6/20 7:08 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I am very happy for you!

You'll want (or be encouraged) to get up and walk as soon as possible after surgery, so it's nice to have a robe or pyjamas or comfy clothes rather than traipsing along the halls in a hospital gown.

SuMari
on 11/9/20 10:44 am

That is what I've heard! Walk Walk Walk! I don't want to stay in the hospital longer than I have to so I will do my best to get up and go! I was thinking about an extra blanket because I am always cold, but a robe is a good idea

TJFox
on 11/9/20 8:09 am

Yay! I am so happy for you! Looks like you are on your way to a new and healthier you!

SuMari
on 11/9/20 10:45 am

Thank you! Feels like forever!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views