Surgery regrets?

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/20 5:49 am
RNY on 01/01/14

*****asaurus Rex !! ROFL Your son has a great way with words

Kathleen W.
on 11/18/20 3:47 pm - Lancaster, PA

The day I got married, my mother told me she hoped that I would have a kid just like me. Well, I have a clone and partner in crime. Because of health problems, my husband is in pain. My son and I christened him the Grumpinator which is a combination of Grumpy and the Terminator. He has a hat with that on it and that's how people know him as either as Grumpy or the Grumpinator. I have a hat that says Psychonator for normal days because I'm nuts. *****asaurus rex is when I'm in super rare form. You have to insane to live with us.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Deb366
on 11/16/20 9:23 am
I think if you are not totally gung ho....don't do it. I had a couple of coworkers who had the surgery and I talked to them about it...it is a pretty big deal. So I decided I would do on my own and I worked my ass off (exercised) and watched what I ate (ate less)...and basically nothing happened. But I did get to the point where I realized I had tried everything and I couldn't get where I wanted on my own. So I did the steps to have an RNY. I have no regrets except I wish I would have done it much sooner. Now that is not to say there wasn't some issues along the way. The first big issue I remember is extra skin and wrinkles! Now I was older, very fair skinned (so it doesn't bounce back) but OMG that was a big shock and freaky to look at. Luckily I was able to get PS....but think about a deflated balloon and if you have a lot to lose.....well plan on some PS. If you are young and darker skin tone....may not be as much an issue for you. Next, this started really late....like over 8 years in....but I have hypoglycemia at times now. I can pretty much control it by how I eat (make sure I have protein) and by maintaining a similiar activity level. So example....if I am being a couch potato for weeks and then go out for a long hard hike....I am probably going to feel dizzy or light headed and need to take in more calories and protein. And after a super low blood sugar time....I feel sort of yucky the following day. All that said....I am 12 years out....I still have to watch what I eat and the quanity and I feel and look better when I stay active, but it is easier to be active when you are smaller. So I am glad I did it and it helped with some of the health issues I had that were pretty serious. I really think it has added to the length and the happiness in my life. But do plan on you are making a decision that will change your life and you need to follow things for the rest of your life like vitamins and how you eat. Best of luck....but again....don't move forward until you feel in your gut that it is the best plan for you!!

Currently 125  pounds
LHJ
on 11/16/20 9:45 pm

I had RNY and the only regret I have is not doing it sooner!!! I could've had years of being thin and thrilled with my freedom of movement and my appearance!

libby17326
on 11/18/20 7:41 am - woodmere

I had my RNY Sept 2004. I had some complications immediately postop. Had some bleeding ulcers at the anastomosis site (where they connect the pouch to your small intestines) over the years. Now I have to be on a proton pump inhibitor (antacid) for life. Do I have regrets - Nope, nada, zippo. Would do it all again in a heartbeat. I lost 107 lbs, I have gained back 12 pounds (post menopause). Every day is a decision of what to put into your mouth. I always tell people- I had a gastric bypass, not a lobotomy. I still want what I want but work very hard EVERY SINGLE DAY not to go back to my previous lifestyle.

summerset
on 11/21/20 3:19 am

You won't find any people really regretting the surgery on here. The people *****gret it for whatever reason usually don't hang out on WLS boards.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1430 views