Question of the Married Couples

PuggleDad
on 11/30/20 10:12 am

WLS ends a lot of marriages, so his worries are a tale as old as the surgery itself.

I changed so much after surgery. Things like confidence, energy, what you're interested in, diet, mood, physical ailments, what you're even capable of doing at your new size, etc... all these things change, some of them just a little bit, but when taken altogether? I wasn't the same person and I was no longer right for the same people I would have been right for before surgery.

I also have options like I never had before. I can date far "better" women than I ever could before. I will have so many more opportunities to cheat or find new relationships.

There are books out there about these sorts of things, I would definitely read up on the statistics as well. If you want to keep the marriage strong, you do have to realize he is probably going to need reassured and you need to communicate about how you and the relationship itself is changing. Sometimes I feel spouses need support groups of their own because so many of them go through hell seeing their partner become a better version of themselves, even if they love their partner with all their heart.

Lina_Ando
on 1/28/21 1:22 pm

I have tried my best to reassure him, but I am seeing that I need to do more. I don't need anything else but my husband to support me and have him know I am here with him and am madly in love with him still.

I just read your Before and After article, btw... Great job!

Most Active