Wrinkles after weight loss! Help!

TJFox
on 12/3/20 8:38 am

Since I have lost a lot of weight, I have noticed the wrinkles on my face have increased and are more pronounced. Darn it. Seeing more wrinkles on my body too but it's the face that bothers me the most. Anyone else experiencing this and if so, what creams or serums etc have you found most helpful?

hollykim
on 12/3/20 9:13 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 3, 2020 at 4:38 PM Pacific Time, TJFox wrote:

Since I have lost a lot of weight, I have noticed the wrinkles on my face have increased and are more pronounced. Darn it. Seeing more wrinkles on my body too but it's the face that bothers me the most. Anyone else experiencing this and if so, what creams or serums etc have you found most helpful?

there aren't any creams or serums that are a long term solution. If there were, plastic surgery wouldn't exist.

plastic surgery, a face lift, is the only thing that works.

TJFox
on 12/3/20 6:46 pm

I was hoping for something that could smooth my wrinkles at least. I am sure a facelift will be in my future.

White Dove
on 12/3/20 12:33 pm, edited 12/3/20 4:34 am - Warren, OH

I started working on my skin as soon as I had surgery. It is 13 years since my surgery and I am now 72 years old. I do not have any wrinkles and have not had any facial surgery.

While you may need a facelift, here are two products that will stop any further damage and will make your skin look much better. I used these on my mother when she was in her late 80's and her facial skin looked like a piece of dried up leather. It did not get rid of all the wrinkles but it made an incredible difference. I owed and operated a beauty salon and had access to any skin care products available. These two are the best out there.

The company, Onsen, used to have kiosks in the malls and used to have a website. You can still buy their products on Amazon.

Onsen Exfoliating Peeling Gel - Use every 2 to 3 days.

Onsen Anti Aging Moisturizing Lotion Organic Daily Hydration Day and Night Cream Anti Wrinkle Collagen All Natural Skin Face Moisturizer for Women - Use morning and night

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TJFox
on 12/3/20 6:50 pm

That's great! 72 and no wrinkles. I am jealous. I just found the two products you mentioned on Amazon and I am going to order them tonight and give them a try. Thank you.

White Dove
on 12/5/20 8:08 am - Warren, OH

My other secret is Dove. I would never put anything but Dove on my face. It gets the face clean without drying it out.

TJFox
on 12/8/20 8:52 pm

I have very dry skin so I don't need it to be even more dry. Are you referring to just regular Dove soap or a Dove cleansing product?

White Dove
on 12/9/20 7:42 am - Warren, OH

I have always used just Dove soap and wash my face twice a day with it. I do buy the extra moisture one now. I also use their body wash products. I have never had dry skin caused by any of the Dove formulas.

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/20 2:30 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

This is just a cheap and simple " trick" but if you choose 2% salicylic acid containing facial soap and body wash from Neutrogena's anti acne line your skin turns over faster , like what happened naturally when you were younger .

The products cost around 7 bux each and have no side effects other than nice skin ! I scrub my body with the body wash every day and have pretty taut skin ( Thank God) .

It helps to prepare the bed by exfoliating with your facial wash also if you're going to invest in retinol or vitamin c serum containing anti wrinkle products.

I have tried some of these - Roc for instance and L'oreal ... they seem to work well. I'm sure more expensive products probably work better but you can buy somewhat effective ones in any drugstore too.

Looking older sucks when you're losing weight ! The skin does bounce back somewhat but in the long run I think we'll All need a facelift lol .

TJFox
on 12/3/20 7:16 pm

Thanks for your tips. I tried Roc and L'oreal both years ago but I don't remember which products from each. The Neutrogena hack seems like a good one. Yes, looking and getting older is no fun. Going to start saving for a facelift!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views