Body positivity or celebration photoshoot?

Dee_Caprini
on 12/10/20 11:18 am

I wanted to know if anyone had a photo shoot of you during your various weight loss goals, or when you go to your goal, something you did to reward all of your hard work? I am thinking of doing something soon and want to know ideas?

TheWombat
on 12/10/20 1:55 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I didn't do anything like that, but I just want to say that I think it's a great idea. I think a lot of people have at least a little body dysmorphia after losing a lot of weight. Having a really nice photo to look at might help.

Dee_Caprini
on 12/11/20 1:20 pm

I know I have body image issues. I have not been specifically diagnosed with body dysmorphia but I STILL do see myself at my highest

White Dove
on 12/10/20 2:33 pm - Warren, OH

I did not do that, but my sister-in-law took a photo every month and made an album. I think it was a great idea.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dee_Caprini
on 12/11/20 1:15 pm

I wish I would have done this... All the photos would be a great representation of the progress thus far!

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/20 3:39 pm, edited 12/10/20 7:39 am
RNY on 01/01/14

I did a bit of that - when I liked a particular outfit I'd snap a selfie .

They def come in handy when I'm comparing my body now ( since I really don't weigh myself )

Pics also help me appreciate the results of the hard work I put in exercise wise and even in cooking healthy from scratch with limited sugars and fats.

Living this new post op lifestyle really does require making exercise and good food choices a priority and that record of my best "looks" gives me proof positive that what I'm doing works and helps give me the motivation I need to continue to live every day with discipline.

Pics also help me figure out what I Still DONT like - like bad posture, a too-wide waist and ribcage or imperfect skin on my neck... then I make correcting those areas a priority too.

Dee_Caprini
on 12/11/20 1:19 pm

I have take selfies, but I hate those in the bathroom with the phone in the had and the typical selfie doesn't show the overall body. I do my best with incorporating exercise, but have not been consistent. running round after kids wears me out! I miss the gym (when I would get to go), though.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1309 views