Weight Loss By Sauna

AW
on 12/30/20 5:03 am

Is it possible to loss weight by spending time in the sauna?

There are lots of claims on the internet that you can lose weight in the sauna but is it actually possible

- AW

catwoman7
on 12/30/20 6:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not true weight. You just sweat out a lot of water. So yes - you'll probably weigh a few ounces less when you get out than when you went in - but it's just temporary.

White Dove
on 12/30/20 4:32 pm - Warren, OH

It is a good way to lose some water to fit into a tight dress for a night. The weight and size will come back the next day

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

AW
on 12/31/20 8:17 am

Hi White Dove, i've never had the need to squeeze into a tight dress.

Thanks for the tip though.

:) :D

White Dove
on 12/31/20 11:26 am - Warren, OH

Years ago I would go to a steam bath before wearing a gown to a New Year's Eve party or a wedding. I would never bother with a tight dress now. Way to uncomfortable. And now we have Spanx.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 12/31/20 12:42 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 31, 2020 at 4:17 PM Pacific Time, AW wrote:

Hi White Dove, i've never had the need to squeeze into a tight dress.

Thanks for the tip though.

:) :D

same with that tight pair of pants.

AW
on 1/1/21 4:06 am

I don't know. I've been looking into it and apparently you need to drink three pints of water in a sauna - see here.

So perhaps that tight dress and tight pants will be a struggle after all.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/5/21 9:54 am

The water your drink in sauna is jus****er. But the one your sweat is loaded with minerals - electrolytes. In sauna you are not only losing water, but also electrolytes. Either carbs or electrolytes keep the water in our system. Plus drinking more plain water you are also diluting the electrolytes in your body, and pee them later on.

That's why we gain weight when connected to IV (IV = water with electrolytes). It takes a while to get rid f the extra, but that's why they tell you to drink a lot of water after any procedure/surgery.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tidgel
on 1/2/21 6:38 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

Years ago, I tried going to the sauna to help me lose weight but it didn't do a thing for me but make me sweat and want to drink more.

ladygodiva1228
on 1/5/21 11:53 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

You won't lose true weight. It is a temporary weight loss. Most UFC fighters or boxers will do sauna time to make weight for a fight, but again that is just a temporary thing.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active