Things your surgeon didn't tell you before weight loss surgery?

Lauren010110
on 1/26/21 1:49 pm - Victorville, CA

Seeing a lot of New people here and wanted to see if we can start a thread about things your surgery team didn't tell you before having WLS.

Or, things they told you and you didn't believe?

Things they didn't tell me:
I would gain some anxieties over food (not bad) just about enjoying foods without knowing EXACTLY what's in it?
I am either plugged up or completely opposite. I have to take 3 gentle overnight dolcolax every night or I don't go

Things that they told me that I didn't believe were that regain is real! this surgery is not one and done (I am a revision patient, lol)... even having the bypass, I can still gain and lose... but I can gain AS EASILY as I could before surgery and I can see it on the scale and in the clothes I wear. This is a CONSTANT battle that is lifelong and I am def not mad about it! Keeps me honest!

Transfer addiction is real. I see clothes and I want to buy them because they are a smaller size... I had to leave different groups or dismiss myself from "online parties" where clothes are involved.

EllyFunt
on 1/26/21 1:57 pm
RNY on 08/21/20

My surgeon told me I'd be tired, but not for how long. I'm still tired and trying to find ways to get more energy

Markwho
on 1/28/21 12:50 am - Morristown, NJ

Transfer Addition: This is very real, I ate to run away from my issues. After surgery I transferred the addition to exercise (Which is not a bad addition) then to alcohol and back to food. You are correct in saying that this is a constant battle and a person needs to get to the real root of their issues. (BTW: I'm still running). Seek support.

Lucile777
on 12/22/21 9:40 pm

They didn't tell me "Girl you gonna get fat again. Girl, you gonna eat the same shyt like before. Girl... tisk tisk tisk. Just stay fat. No surgery for you!"

Most Active