Why Americans Are So Overweight

Sasq
on 2/8/21 6:05 am
VSG on 10/05/19

Wow! I had no idea either.

Sileten
on 2/20/21 2:00 am, edited 2/21/21 11:18 pm

That's definitely an important issue. We need to make the conversation heard and advocate a healthy lifestyle. It is essential that more and more people understand this concept and research information towards living healthy. That are so many options nowadays to choose from. You could cut gluten, dairy, high carbs products, you just need the motivation. But luckily, online you can find so many meal options to choose from, you can visit site here. You just select your diet preferences and then order your meal from a wide variety of restaurants that promote healthy options instead of your regular ones.

PuggleDad
on 2/20/21 11:35 am

I think buffets in childhood are a large part of why I ended up so big. I was downing 3,770 calories a meal at those things easily as a shorter than average 9 year old. I think my stomach just got so huge, so quick, and no sane amount of food would ever satisfy me. Several other factors contributed as well, but I just hate the idea that we have to get so much value out of food in terms of savings to our wallet when we should be worried about getting valuable food. The buffet and the value meal were huge parts of my childhood, those empty calories with the coke and fries certainly didn't help. "But it was only a dollar more! Such great value!" we thought.

And now it would be so hard to go back. How can any restaurant compete if they give small portions to people used to having all that food we're used to?

Batwingsman
on 2/20/21 10:14 pm - Garland, TX

Good point. I'm glad that at least McD's voluntarily (?) some time back agreed to provide the nutritional value of their items to customers. IIRC, they have it on their menu (cal count) as well as website, but don't know whether they have it on the food containers/wrappers themselves. I guess the latter doesn't matter, b/c a person would logically look first to see the nutritional content before they decide whether to order it or not.

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active