Therapy?

Want2beMe
on 2/6/21 5:37 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

My therapist isn't very helpful, she keeps insisting i have a deep rooted cause to not follow my food goals. I tried to explain to her that I turn to food for the pure taste and satisfaction. I dont have any history that causes me to turn to food and I dont turn to food out of emotions. The only thing she suggested was hypnosis, which I'm not going to waste money on something I don't believe works. Any advice? Do I consider a new therapist?

reree6898
on 2/7/21 4:34 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Does your therapist specialize in eating disorders? To me it sounds like your therapist isn't listening to you. I would find someone who does. In many cases there is an emotional component to overeating but sometimes there isn't. Find someone your really comfortable with and be sure that you are being truly honest with them and you will be more successful with someone that hears what your saying.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Want2beMe
on 2/7/21 5:43 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Yes she specializes in eating disorders. I've only met with her 3 times, but there's not much to talk about. I like seeing her, she's a nice therapist, I don't think she understands my eating problem.

Sasq
on 2/8/21 6:02 am
VSG on 10/05/19

I think I would seek out a new therapist. I don't know much about hypnosis but that would give me a red flag to move on.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/8/21 10:53 am

After just 2 sessions that I would have impression the therapist didn't listen to me, hear me, I wouldn't go the 3rd time.
I don't care if they are nice. Nice doesn't mean good.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TJFox
on 2/9/21 6:31 am

I agree!

Janet P.
on 2/9/21 9:33 am

"Do I consider a new therapist?"

Yes!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Lauren010110
on 2/9/21 11:23 am - Victorville, CA

I would say yes to a new Therapist. With telehealth being so easy these days, you have more options! But, I get it if you would prefer to be in person.

Hoping you find what you are looking for!

...and I totally get what you are saying for pure taste and satisfaction... me too, meeeee too

Most Active