4 mos out and nutritionist is telling me to slow down and eat more calories

PuggleDad
on 2/20/21 11:25 am

If you do increase your calories, I would suggest you do it by eating higher calorie foods as opposed to forcing yourself to eat more food than you want to. Learning bad habits now by eating even when your body tells you to stop will harm you way more long term than the rapid weight loss. It can be as easy as incorporating things like nuts, or maybe learning to enjoy milk or some kind of protein drink that can give you some calories that are worth something.

I lost quick for my starting size, and reached a "healthy" BMI 10-11 months in. I was incredibly fast and had no problems at all, though of course we're all different. Though for a while, it was hard for me to shut off "hardcore mode" and there was a time where I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stop losing. I was getting quite boney for awhile.

My partner lost just shy of 200 in her first year and did fine. As long as you're getting enough protein and feel okay, I would guess you'll be fine losing quickly (I'm not a doctor or nutritionist, though)

PuggleDad
on 2/20/21 11:29 am

And just to agree with what others said, you absolutely want to lose as much as you can in the first year. It will never be that easy to lose again, and a lot of people never really get to a lower weight than they were in the 12-18 month post-op range.

stratusphr2
on 5/31/21 8:05 am

take FULL ADVANTAGE of the honeymoon period. It comes to an end. Listen politely, and keep doing what you're doing!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1437 views