Gallbladder issues?

Lauren010110
on 2/19/21 12:40 pm - Victorville, CA

I have been having some issues with what I think is my gallbladder so my doctor has requested an ultrasound and lab work. About an hour after I eat, I get pains in my stomach that last about an hour, I have gotten pains that go up my back, some (seldom) bouts of nausea and heartburn in the evenings. I also feel like my stomach/midsection constantly is bloated.

Can anyone provide any insight? They were saying that I may have to have it removed if there's evidence of stones etc, is there a way to manage treatment IF there is stones or is surgery inevitable? How will things change if I have to have it removed? how is recovery, life after surgery?

I am RNY, BTW. Any help is greatly appreciated.

White Dove
on 2/23/21 5:34 am - Warren, OH

If you have to have it removed, you will normally be sore for a few hours and feel fine in a day or two. If you eat a lot of fatty, greasy, sugary foods after gallbladder surgery, you will have gas, bloating and diarrhea. If you stick to low fat, low sugar foods, you will not notice any difference.

Mine was removed on a Thursday morning and they sent me home with pain pills that afternoon. I was a little sore, but not enough to take the pills. The next day I rested and on Saturday I was out doing yardwork and felt fine.

O

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lauren010110
on 2/23/21 9:26 am - Victorville, CA

I typically track what I eat and I don't feel that I have gone over on anything. I will check with my surgeon about how many grams a day I should be targeting. I go in tomorrow for bloodwork and am scheduling my ultrasound appt soon. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1125 views