PRE-OP STAGE- Mildly elevated WBC's

DREYA_ARR
on 2/20/21 9:14 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here :)

I am in the preop stage for VSG , will have pre op with PCP then Preop with Surgeon to schedule surgery , planning on having it hopefully late March 2021 / April

I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with their WBC count being mildly elevated ? I noticed my WBC has been mildly elevated for at least 5- 6 years with a normal result here and there. I have brought it up to my PCP'S in the past and they said nothing to worry about . I had my preop lab work 1/22/21 and WBC was 12.56 ( RANGES IS 4.00-10.00 K/uL and RBC 3.91 ( RANGES 4.00-5.20 M/uL )

10/12/20 WBC was 15.84 , RBC 3.70 ( I was going through a miscarriage and taking prednisone at that time so maybe why more elevated?)

8/22/20 WBC 12.70 , RBC 3.89

I actually brought it up to a new PCP she said not to worry but she can refer me to see a hematologist. I saw one yesterday and he says he sees the trend in y bloodwork and that it is mildly elevated and is running a bunch of blood tests . Now I m getting super nervous and worry my surgery might be cancelled or worse it being something abnormal .

I haven't brought it up to my surgeon yet. I feel fine just usual aches/pains

Has anyone here have the same issue as me and cleared for surgery ?

Tidgel
on 2/23/21 3:48 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

Welcome! First, I am very sorry to hear of your miscarriage.

I have had a slight elevation in my WB counts for years and they have never found a reason why and I am told the same thing-nothing to worry about. It was never an issue with my surgery or any other surgeries or procedures I have had.