Has anyone Switched Health Care Providers? (Advice)

JTomo08
on 4/5/21 6:39 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

So over the last year I have been struggling with weight gain. I was not prepared to work from home, and it has affected my diet and general routine. I've have gone in for my yearly check up and visited with a dietician in the last year, but I still need help.

At the end of 2019/beginning of 2020 my health care provider merged with a larger company. My bariatrician is still with the "new" company, and I continue to visit her because I really like her and she listens to me.

However, overall the new company, not so great. My dietitian was let go after the merger and I don't like the new one. She doesn't listen to my concerns and just gives the same advice over and over. I know what my plate should look like at a meal, I know what foods I should avoid, etc.

I've been considering finding a different dietician altogether or going to a different provider and wondered if anyone had an experience with this and what it was like.

Janet P.
on 4/6/21 3:34 am

I never saw a dietician (except the one at my surgeon's office), but I've changed health care providers many times since my initial WLS in 2003. The doctors are there to meet my needs and if I'm not getting what I need, I shop around. I have interviewed health care providers over the years to make sure they understand what I need and whether they can provide it.

My current primary doctor is relatively new and I really like him. When I first went to see him, I brought him all kinds of reading material to understand my particular WLS and he was willing and able to work with him.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny