Did anyone have difficulty getting rid of your old clothes after weight loss surgery

sweetpotato1959
on 7/5/21 2:09 pm

Hockeymom87,

I would keep one pair of pants, and one top. as they are. I would donate some of the big clothes IF i knew of someone that could use... If something i liked the material of and not wore out i would re-make it to a current or desired size... Material- for a 600lb.lady would be substantial... any skirts could be made into a whole different pattern...or.culottes. if material insufficient in small swatches could use those and put together a quilt or throw pillow of your favorites.

I agree with the others you never want to go back to where you were, and giving self permission to not love yourself properly in taking care of your new tool and body- jepordizes your mental and physical health. The doubt of You remaining in control of your weight is never good.

I did not save any of my clothes... and wished i had it later to compare.I was in a specially made pants that were two inches deeper n the center back than they were on the sides.and they were home made/generous 28's. another tool to use for visualization of where you have been and are now... is to outline your heavy body/ or shirt... on a full length mirror and continue to outline it over periods of every 3 months or so... to have a comparison of where you have come from... this exercise helps you to visualize size you are currently needing.

.It really helps to be able to go into a store and purchase clothes you like , and start at close to the right size. The cuts of clothes often determine my size.( have not had surgery to remove excess skin- and it ain't happenin' for me.)

I am post op WLS surgery that is no longer done, but many procedures were derived from ....i have a mixed bag of side effects, i overcome everyone of those with Natural supplements.. - which would not possible with Morbid obesity.

Hang in there and stay active with your children... they are depending on you.

Most Active