3 Weeks Post Op

CMidd
on 6/22/21 7:39 pm - Roanoke, TX
VSG on 06/02/21

I am 3 weeks post op and I am down 28 lbs. I have one more week of soft foods. Weird thing is that I am wondering what I do after that. I have read the materials and I think I am supposed to just focus on getting my protein. I am not sure why I feel scared or unsure right now...

Tidgel
on 6/23/21 8:29 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Getting your protein in is very important and feeling unsure is understandable. As long as you follow your surgeon's guidelines and that of the dietitian, you will be ok.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/21 4:30 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Have you talked to your provider? Everyone seems to have a different post op plan so if yours isn't clear or you have questions they should be able to help you.

Mine had several different stages over 12 weeks but after the first week, they were all oriented towards progressing to more solid foods while meeting the protein and hydration targets. Good luck!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TheWombat
on 6/28/21 8:58 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Talk to your medical team about what's best for you, but summarising the advice I and others were given: Don't be surprised if you can't meet your protein goals for a few more months. Right now, you'll be focused on staying hydrated and figuring out which foods your stomach is ready for.

Most Active