What has been your favorite Non-Scale Victory?

TierraMoone
on 7/8/21 7:00 am

What has been your favorite Non-Scale Victory? For me, I have two that immediately come to mind.

A group of friends and I used to get together once a year for a few days. Sometimes we would go camping and sometimes stay at a resort. When we went camping, we would usually go to the same park. Most of my friends would all go for a hike and climb a mountain in the park. I never went because I knew I would not be able to make the trek and I didn't want to embarrass myself. I was always so jealous because when my friends came back from their hike, they were always so excited and talking about their adventures along the way and the views from the top of the mountain. Well, almost exactly on my two year surgiversary, we all went camping again. When it came time for the promised hike, I decided to go for it this time. And guess what? I did it! I made it to the top of the mountain and back, was able to spend more time with my friends and see the beautiful views. I was so proud of myself. I have since made the hike several times now but nothing felt like that first time!

My second non-scale victory was just for a fleeting moment. I was walking my dog at a local park and my ex boyfriend (with his new girlfriend) walked by me. I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't sure if it was me or not. I looked back at him and he was looking back and me and he stopped and said "Is that you Tierra?" and I said "Yes, it's me. It's good to see you." And then I walked away. As I did so, I heard my ex say "Wow!" That felt so good!

catwoman7
on 7/9/21 4:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

related to your second NSV, one "aspect" that had its advantages (although it doesn't happen anymore since I'm a few years out, so it's rare to run into someone who only knew me as obese) is that a lot of people didn't recognize me. It was great if I didn't have the time or inclination to stop and chat. I could just walk by and they'd never know it was me!

TierraMoone
on 7/12/21 12:25 pm

Yes! The same thing with me in the beginning. I got too use to wearing my masks and hiding behind that all these years later.

Sheila_H
on 7/9/21 7:27 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Isn't that what they call "revenge body?"
Good for you!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

TierraMoone
on 7/12/21 12:25 pm

For sure and thank you!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/9/21 8:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Definitely all the things I can do now that I couldn't/wouldn't do before. Hiking last week I had to climb a crack between two rocks not much bigger than my hips today.....pre WLS, if I had even gotten to that point, I would have had to turn back!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TierraMoone
on 7/12/21 12:27 pm

Yes! What a great feeling right?

TheWombat
on 7/11/21 6:57 am, edited 7/10/21 11:57 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

When I was overweight, I found it difficult to find clothes to fit. (Ireland doesn't have many stores that cater to larger sizes.) So if I needed something, and I found one that fit me, I usually bought it, even if I didn't really like it.

So one day I was in a department store looking for a nightgown. Even though I'm no longer overweight, there was only one nightgown in my size. Perhaps their stock was low because of the pandemic. The nightgown was ugly, but I headed for the cash register. Then I stopped myself, realising I could walk into any store and find other nightgowns that would fit me and that I would actually like. I no longer needed to settle!

TierraMoone
on 7/12/21 12:29 pm

How awesome is that moment!

LeonaCR
on 7/14/21 6:36 am

Can't wait to celebrate my first non scale victory!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1345 views