What has been your favorite Non-Scale Victory?

Hockeymom87
on 7/27/21 12:16 pm
DS on 03/17/19

My favorite non scale victory would have to be not being bedbound anymore and be able to enjoy life

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/21 6:35 am, edited 8/5/21 12:46 am
RNY on 01/01/14

My dream since I was a small child was performing. In elementary, junior high and high school I starred in just about every production they made - yet - because of my ( lifelong) weight struggles I felt embarrassed, vulnerable- never pretty enough .

My dream was to attend a famous college acting program and eventually make a living as an actor - but everyone ( especially me) discouraged me from even applying . I was called hefty , husky, chunky- I well remember going to the mall in the seventh grade and having NOTHING fit me in the regular stores - not even a fourteen size . I was MORTIFIED- and it took many years a ton of daily running and restrictive diets to finally model and do bit parts .

After WLS I have had the incredible blessing of regularly performing - mostly singing live music but some well paid SAG acting also .

My ex- boyfriend who fronts my band is constantly putting me down - I came back from Covid quarantine ( and two miscarriages) and he said you look thirty pounds heavier and twenty years older - yet I sang that same night and people danced and I got paid :) . It?s very gratifying to make a living at what I always dreamed of and was too scared to try for because I was overweight.

I also feel so much healthier and have so much more energy- and now I never have to worry about dressing up or putting on make up to look attractive.

I remember when I tried on outfits for HOURS to attempt to ? hide ? my fat middle . Now I choose short shorts and tank tops and even swimsuits without embarrassment. :)

Most Active